What do you fear the most about the WT cult?

by Claudia Kittel 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• SYN
    SYN

Dede! Remember, these are the guys who brought you gems like "Women Are Like Cows In Heat", "Aluminium Is Satanic", "Air-Baths For The Soul", "UV Rays Are Healthy", and the absolute cracker, "The Invisible Reign of Jesus And Why 1975 Is No Longer Important". The last one they published in 1976

Seriously, Dede, these are the last people whose doctrines you should be giving any attention.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

SYN said,

That would be like "fearing" malevolant pink unicorns!

Everyone knows that they drowned in the Flood!

CZAR

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I know !!!!!! I know!!!!!!!! I say things in moments of weakness.........lol !!! A few hours from now I willl see the senselessness of my statement! hugs , Dede

• wednesday
    wednesday
    I fear the most , that in the end they are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God that would be terrible.

But I don't think they are, just afraid I might be wrong.......... you know doubting your own reasonings I guess.

yes that is what i fear too. Recently i had something happen health wise that made me worry if i was going to be around here much longer. beleive me those word crossed my mind.

My husband say"I just don't want to be on the wrong side.."

I once had a householder tell me that if we were the only ones to be in paradise"I dont' want to be there". but then again-mabe he has not seen some of the frightening pics form the Tallymans site.

Edited by - wednesday on 22 November 2002 3:5:57

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((((((((( hugs to Syn and Wednesday)))))))))))))) my comfort in times of distress.......

seriously, your words help more than you may know......... thanks , Dede

• wednesday
    wednesday

Dede,

u and jess, i feel esp fond of. I'm old enough to be your and jess mom. and have kids near your age.

It is so hard losing your religion. At least it is for me./

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yes it is Wednesday,,,, but I would still chose this bumping road over my former ignorance. It really helps to know that you have friends like you ,,,,,, who understand this great loss and make it so much easier to bear. You really do make it easier to go thru this whole EX JW thing. I do thank God for people like you. For I know I am in your thoughts, and I hope you know you are in mine. This is God's gift to us, to be there for each other. If any words are true... Jesus said it all........... there is more happiness in giving than receiving.................so I hope I can give as much as you all here , give to me. Then I will be a happy person......... even if all I can give is a cyber hug , a sentence saying I know what ya mean............ I share it with you , and I thank you for sharing with me.

• SYN
    SYN

Dede, at the end of the day, it's about making an INFORMED decision, which is the LAST thing the Tower wants you to be, INFORMED. The less INFORMED you are about their religion, the better. You simply can't go back - you've opened Pandora's box. Now you know what you were involved in all along.

To me, that knowledge is liberating.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be in bed?

PS. LOL @ Czar!

• out4good3
    out4good3
    I fear the most , that in the end they are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God that would be terrible.

But I don't think they are, just afraid I might be wrong.......... you know doubting your own reasonings I guess.

I think this is just residual borg thinking. The WT thrives on perpetuating the "we good...everyone else bad" scenario, the subliminal encouragement to treat even everyone in the KH and world as suspect, and by demanding implicit and unquestioned obedience to mother WT. This is just what they want you to think, that there may be some twinkling of doubt that they are right...that way they can always fall back on "you know in your heart it's the "truth".

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((Dede)) - if its any consolation - I've been out nearly 20 years now, and still have moments of doubt. I still have nightmares - although they are rare now. In reading on "cults" - this is one of the invisible scars that are left, and one that must be dealt with logically & rationally. For those of us who tend towards "emotional" reasoning, the logical is what lifts us up time & again - thank God for my husband, for without him I'd probably still be nuts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit