Do you "LOTTO" or Gamble now that u r...

by breeze 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Southland
    Southland

Yes, but it still makes my heart pound faster. Guess it's the "forbiddeness" of it all.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Yeah, I gamble from time to time myself. Mostly scratch off games for one dollar, and occasionally a lotto ticket. I've actually bought games directly after attending a meeting.

• breeze
    breeze

I got four numbers in the Florida lotto today...$70..00.

• Mary
    Mary

Oh hell, I've been buying lottery tickets for the past 15 years.............I've come really close a few times too.........which is REALLY aggrevating................buy I jes' keep on trekin'...........

Even my retired father, who is an active JW buys them. He says (tongue in cheek):

"I'm not gambling. I'm applying for the supplement to the pension I was never gonna need."

• ronin1
    ronin1

I sure did!

I reasoned that if the WTS can invest its monies (our monies) in things questionable and have over $951 in assets, I could surely take a chance and win.

I have already won two (2) NYS WIN4 tickets totaling $5,400 not to mention many NYS Numbers tickets at $290 a piece.

Yep!, I sure did!

Ronin1

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm finding that now that I have the freedom to do certain previously forbidden activities, like lotto, that I can't be bothered. Strange that, perhaps my Dub upbringing never taught me a taste for it.

Or maybe I'm just old!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit