In shock.

by lulu 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((Lulu & Hubby)))

The thing that they count on with this is that the R & F all think you have written a letter and it is your choice so they shun you, because until it happens to them they have no idea that people are da'd in this way.

A while after it happened to Simon I got talking to someone who used to be in our hall too (she left a few months after us), I told her about what had actually happened, she was completely shocked because she remembered the announcment but like everyone else assumed it was Simon's choice and he had written a letter.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Well considering it's an outright lie, isn't that slander? They are messing with your reputation, since you do have a reputation in the congregation. I would write a letter, and threaten to sue for slander.

• ugg
    ugg

omg!!!!!!!!! that is beyond awful....hugs to you both....shudder!!!!!!!!!!!

• Shakita
    Shakita

lulu:

You had no clue? Can they do this without even meeting with you first? Did you guys say something to someone who then ratted on you?

My husband and I haven't been to a meeting in about 8 months. I wonder if they announced our disassociation too? Don't think so. We have people still active, and they haven't said anything to us.

Hang in there and fight it if you want to. Not that you will win. But, others will see what "real fruits" the org. is made up of.

Take care.

Mrs. Shakita

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

I'm sorry to hear that lulu. Same thing happened to CC and I. In fact, my brother ask CC why we sent a letter???? CC said we NEVER sent a letter!!!! The elders simply gaves us a dead line, either be at the hall for a elders meeting on such and such date and we will assume you have disassociated yourselves. It was like they were on a witch hunt or something!

How can they get away with doing such things to people! I tell ya, one of these days, their gonna really PISS somebody off and it's gonna be like the show The Saprano's, somebody's gonna go swimming with the fishes!!! *if ya know what I mean*

• Shakita
    Shakita

Tinkerbell:

You are right. Why do you think they have the BIG brothers stand at the doorways at the assemblies. I asked this question and the answer was....to prevent someone from entering who might disturb the meeting. "DISTURB"?! They have pissed off thousands and thousands of people, have broken up homes and destroyed lives. It is just a matter of time before we have a "postoffice like massacre" somewhere. There are alot of people out there who are on the edge, they don't need much to push them over the edge.

Mrs. Shakita

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Mrs. Sharkita, yeap, I believe it's just a matter of time! Somebody is going to go postal on of these days and it's not going to be pretty! Personally, I would hate to see that happen, but like you said, they have pissed off alot of people!

• Mr Spock
    Mr Spock

" By their love you will know them"--- What a joke. I wonder if Jesus would have done what the so called elders did?

• metatron
    metatron

Do something no one has ever done before.

Send a quick post card or letter to every Witness in the hall - with only
    a few sentences on it. "The Elders have defamed us and lied. At no time,
    did we ever disassociate ourselves. We do not know why they have taken this
    cruel, unloving action towards us."

See what happens

metatron

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Menatron, funny thing, I have thought about doing that very thing, but then, I figured to prove them wrong, then I'd have to *show* that I want to be a witness. See that's where they get you, they know you have no intentions in hell of wanting to be a hover witnit, so it would end up being a big cluster fuck waste of time. So why bother, ya know! I'd still be shunned in the end, because I've stopped going to the hall and doing all that hover stuff. So really it's a no win situation.

Personally, I've moved on. If I see my hover witnit family, I'm kind and leave it at that. You love the family you've got left, appreciate the friends you've got and simply feel pity for the ones that are stilled brainwashed in the borg. Maybe one day they'll see the borg for the bullshit that it is and come out! One thing for sure, I'll not shun them like they have me, I'll meet them with open arms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit