In shock.

by lulu 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lulu
    lulu

Last night(Tuesday) an announcement was made in our congregation that my husband and I had disassociated ourselves. We did no such thing(for personal reasons) nor was any document whatsoever given to the local elders or anyone else. Nevertheless, that is what happened, apparently no letter of resignation is required. Elders can do whatever they like.They are having their reward in full, and the decision regarding them has already been made in heaven, I believe..

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Lulu

I'm sorry for the announcement. I know my wife and I want to leave on our terms; it's important to us that we do. So I can imagine how you must be feeling. Unfortunately, elders can and will DF or DA anyone for any reason they choose. In actual practice, there doesn't really even have to be any charges, proof or witnesses. It's not "supposed" to be that way, but it appears as if the Witnesses are attempting, more and more, to close ranks. Appealing and/or overturning this type of thing will be very difficult.

• fairy
    fairy

TYPICAL!!!!

• avishai
    avishai

I say don't appeal or try to overturn as the appeal is supposed to happen before the announcement. I say sue the living crap out of them, I believe you have a case.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

How did you find out about the annoucement? What reason were you given?

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Wow Lulu, are you serious?????

Did you guys possibly do something that could have been taken as dissassociating yourself by your actions? Did they meet with you? Did you say anything to two or more of them that could have been misconstrued?

That's wild!

• Simon
    Simon

This happened to me too:

Two elders came to my door and invited me for a chat at the Kingdom Hall. I said no.

A few days later I got a letter saying that my "refusal to meet with them" meant I had disassociated myself.

I wrote to the CO complaining and the only remedy was an appeal meeting.

After a 3 hour meeting with 6 morons, I mean 'elders', they upheld the decision that I was refusing to meet with them

They can, and will, do whatever suits them and their is not even the pretence of being 'fair'. They can announce you have DA's yourself without you writing a letter or even actually doing anything wrong. It is just like DFing you without the 'inconvenience' for them of having to find anythgin you have done wrong.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

((((((lulu)))))))

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((((((lulu and husband)))))))))

That's unbelievable, but then, we are talking about the WTS, eh?

• SYN
    SYN

Just send them a letter forcing them to retract the statement, and threaten legal action against THEM (the Elders) if they don't. They WILL HAVE TO retract the statement - several people here have done it, and the Elders are scared sh*tless in case someone sues them. Make them sweat! They have NO RIGHT to do this at all. Even their official site says that people who simply cease being involved are not disfellowshipped!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit