Horley Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses UK (disbanded)

by konceptual99 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I dont remember any names sorry, but the elder living on site in the cottage had me in there for a chat after a meeting which was actually a non too subtle grilling asking way too much personal stuff about me. None of his fucking business and it was a negative experience. I think it was early on in my time there and about the letter that followed me there and whether they would make me straight up as an MS or not (thankfully not), but the grilling i got was way OTT and far more personal than it ought or need to have been.

I was there for well over 6 months and never felt welcomed or invited out socially or anything, it was not an encouraging experience all round being there for me.

• notoneoftheboys
    notoneoftheboys
    This is a common thing, many congregations have "left the love they had at first" I have been to a few halls in Canada in London Ontario, no one greeted me, elders and MS were all about paperwork, talk was from a discontinued outline, my family and I walked out disgusted and I served as an elder then!!!
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

That would be Chris Jones. He still lives there and has done since day one. Shortish, round face... Rossiter is tall and slim with thin features.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yep short and tubby, i can picture the Rossiter guy but cant remember his name..

I gave a stand in talk in one of my early meetings and it went well. I was drinking the koolaid at the time obviously LOL.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

WMF: "drinking the koolaid " What I found - if you spike it a little, soon you won't have to give those stand in talks anymore. ;) Worked for me

• cattails
    cattails

The love in many congregations is always reserved for the new person who starts attending. After that, the real uncaring attitude shows through and through on the part of most Witnesses.

There are so many unhappy people in the congregations--over-burdened and over-stressed--many don't even like themselves for who they are and what a nervous wreck their life has become from being in slavery to the WT, how can they like or love others?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Nothing. It's being used. I did hear a very unsubstantiated rumor that the WTS was looking to sell it but I have taken that one with a massive pinch of salt and dismissed it for the time being.

Could it be that they disbanded the congregation because they are getting rid of the building?

I've never heard of a congregation being disbanded for "lack of love". But... Maybe it was lack of love for the Gobbering Body and its traveling representatives.

We had a congregation in my area that was full of intermarried families whose members had become elders and there was infighting and favoritism going on to the point that people were staying away from the meetings in droves. The CO came in an broke it all up...moved people to other local halls removed elders and rearranged the whole thing. Perhaps it was as case of them being too much like the governing body?

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    very true cattails....very true.
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    Real estate in Horley must make an enforced KH sale quite lucrative to the Branch. Lack of love = lack of contributions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit