Horley Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses UK (disbanded)

by konceptual99 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Does anyone in the UK know any details about the above congregation? It seems it was disbanded by the CO specifically because of "lack of love" and members reassigned to other congregations in the Reigate and Crawley areas.

I've checked the Charities Commission web site and the charity was removed in May 2012.

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/RemovedCharityMain.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1066699&SubsidiaryNumber=0

The COBE was a guy called Rossiter (sp?) who is well known in the Surrey/Sussex areas, not least for being incredibly camp, although he is married. Very judgemental chap. He recently gave a talk at the Brighton RC.

Can anyone provide any more information on this? Are the reasons for the disbandment of the congregation correct as I have stated?

• oppostate
    oppostate
    It seems it was disbanded by the CO specifically because of "lack of love" and members reassigned to other congregations

I've never heard of a congregation being disbanded for "lack of love". But... Maybe it was lack of love for the Gobbering Body and its traveling representatives.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Neither have I but I found out about this from ones in a neighbouring congregation and apparently the reasons given by the CO were crystal clear.

I am still interested to know if this is correct as it is a very unusual situation hence why I would like it clarified if possible.

• hoser
    hoser

I've heard of congregations being annulled because of a divisive spirit or causing divisions.

It is easier for the circuit overseer to say that than to tell the truth that it wasn't a profitable unit so we closed it down.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    May be they lacked the love for contributing to the society.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    May be they lacked the love for contributing to the society.

Good one!

With the publishers being spread about on to other congregations it would follow that the rumor mill would quickly tell the tale and spread the gossip all around the circuit and beyond.

This is certainly an unusual reason to disband a congregation, "lack of love". I'd be interested as well in learning what the real situation in the congregation was that lead to this conclusion.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Hey i was in that congregation for a few months pre 2000. It was large, attached to the assembly hall and quite multicultural. But yes there was not much sign of a loving congregation even way back then, i didnt like it there.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Hey WMF - of course, Rossiter was the co-manager of Haysbridge along with Chris Jones. I'd completely forgotten that. Were they both in Horley cong? I know Chris and Judy Jones lived on site in the cottage attached to the hall but I am not sure about Rossiter (what's his first name btw). I know people related to Chris Jones so I might be able to dig around a bit over the next few weeks.
  • Splash
    Splash
    If it was attached to the assembly hall, what happened to that assembly hall?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Nothing. It's being used. I did hear a very unsubstantiated rumour that the WTS was looking to sell it but I have taken that one with a massive pinch of salt and dismissed it for the time being.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit