Contacted by Royal Commission today

by umbertoecho 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Good for you!!

It will feel good telling them everything you experienced and actually be supported for a change. I wish you well and can't wait to hear about how it goes.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Excellent UMBERTO!

As another poster on this board remarked, sunlight is an excellent disinfectant.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    (((((❤Umbertoecho❤)))))
  • OzGirl
    OzGirl

Great news, Umbertoecho.

I am impressed with the calm, professional attitude of the Royal Commission team.

They have empathy and understanding of what people have gone through.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Literally beaming rays of pride in all directions right now Umbertotecho! Way to take the initiative!

If I may ask, what does Umbertotecho mean?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

umbertoecho:

"This person felt I should at least contact the legal entity as it would assist with further addressing the costs involved with counselling and getting back on track. I said that I was already exhausted and had no energy for making a monetary claim.........."

Take some Ginseng, invigorate yourself, and go for their jugular.

• barry
    barry

It should be noted that even if survivors have been paid compensation in the past courts will after this Royal commission be able to award further compensation.

This will ensure entities not using best practice will be put out of business

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good for you. People like you will bring down the Watchtower, because they didn't think people like you counted. They didn't give a second thought to your pain and suffering because it wasn't as important as their stupid, silly rules. They don't care about the bible, only about maintaining their hierarchy and keeping everyone in line. Their arrogance and lies have caught up to them.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

umbertoecho, you're one of my heros... not as much as Angus Stewart is my hero... but a hero, nonetheless!

I said that I was already exhausted and had no energy for making a monetary claim.

I understand that, you've been through a lot already. But for the sake of someone like me that wasted years of my life slaving for that cult and will never get any monetary remuneration, I encourage you to get any money from them that you can get! I never got any money from them to see a psychologist, or to pay for my depression or anxiety medication, or to pay for my university education. Indeed, it is your choice, but the more I see of the RC and recall my experiences in the cult, I think every exJW should be able to make a monetary claim against Botchtower Craporation!

• Stirred
    Stirred

"That they are sending two commissioners over, actually flying them over is in itself amazing!. They told me they rent a space in one of the hotels in the city of Perth and will take me in the back way to make sure no one gets the chance to identify me or the others."

First of all, I congratulate you on taking this progressive stand for yourself and for others. I do wonder that you mentioned others..... Are others from your area also coming forward? Are you arranging this or also know these victims or is the Commission putting this together?

I feel emboldened by your stand. At the same time, I am sorry you have suffered to be in this position. Perhaps you can get assistance in pursuing financial reco urse. Might not be a bad idea and you may be able to find strngth to pursue it with support.

((hug)) and peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit