AUSTRALIA - All large JW Regional Conventions cancelled for 2015

by jwleaks 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Yes it's true. The elder over here confirmed it to me and said that they need to streamline as money is an issue and the large assemblies are too expensive to maintain. Some such drivel..........Other witnesses have confirmed it, my Elder nephew told his mum it's due to money.......

• Scully
    Scully

If they reserved those Regional Convention sites in advance, I'm pretty sure they'd lose their deposit on the venues.

I'm guessing they don't want reporters filming, or asking delegates what their thoughts are regarding the Royal Commission...

Silence is worth a lot to these criminals.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Combination of both I think, bad press and not wanting the rank and file to be exposed and also money. When one goes to a circuit assembly there's an announcement as to what the expenses are for day , I have never heard them announce at a District assembly the costs. The thing is I think people are not donating , so at least at the circuit they can more easily push ones to donate. This is why the DCs are going to become like circuit assemblies.
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Also a stroke of luck that they changed the label from District Convention (DC) to Regional Convention (RC) some time back. Now, when someone asks where is Brother Bigstuff, his handler can honestly say he is at the RC (Royal Commission).
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

There is no doubt in my mind that the GB knew this was coming. They are not low on money YET but I think they are going to take a huge financial hit due to what is taking place in Australia. They are "hunkering down" due to expected lack of or low donations.

Karma's a bitch!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    And with all these coverage of the RC, why would it matter if the assemblies are large or not? Would you not expect media coverage at any of the conventions? I'd be disappointed if they did not cover it.
  • Syme
    Syme
    No, I don't think the cancellation of the large stadiums and the transfer to small assembly halls has anything to do with the pedo investigation. It is due to shortage of money. It is a small fraction of the greater consolidation and shrinking procedure. In my country (with no investigations going on) the same has happened: almost not one RC takes place in rented locations, but only in WT-owned assembly halls.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and this is gods one true religion ?

sheeeitttt

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    There will be a DF for the whole of Australia.
  • jws
    jws

jwleaks wrote:

Large conventions have always been big money earners for the WTBTS.

Big money makers have to be balanced with expenses. A bar may make more gross with a band, but they then have to pay the band.

Renting out a huge venue costs a lot. As opposed to one that's smaller/cheaper. Especially ones they already own and perhaps pay mortgages and utilities on whether they are in use or not.

Large conventions are often a greater distance, meaning JWs probably have bigger expenses for travel and hotels. Hotels around smaller local venues are probably cheaper than in big cities near large venues. And less travel = greater attendance, less gas.

It all adds up to, saving money may equal larger contributions.

You also don't need to go to a huge convention to have a GB member speak at yours. That can be done by remote now. As well as the time for a drama. You can probably have one well-filmed drama with less time from people rehearsing at each location. All video. So in theory, you can have a lot of the benefits of a large convention locally.

If push comes to shove, they can sell the circuit assemblies and do it all via a feed locally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit