AUSTRALIA - All large JW Regional Conventions cancelled for 2015

by jwleaks 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Now we know why the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses cancelled all the major regional conventions of Jehovah's Witnesses for 2015 and are only holding smaller conventions at the JW Assembly halls.

"Imitate Jesus" convention series Australia schedule

Interestingly the first round of regional conventions are due this weekend in the JW Assembly halls in Sydney (New South Wales), Melbourne (Victoria), and Brisbane (Queensland).

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Nice find!

Any way to see that they where cancelled?

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Any way to see that they where cancelled?

There's been no real legitimate explanation. Just a decision made last year. Could be money, health and safety, first aid non-compliance, whatever. But the timing couldn't be more poignant.

No big convention = no media presence. Think 2014 Melbourne JW International Convention and the media interest there.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    There's been no real legitimate explanation. Just a decision made last year. Could be money, health and safety, first aid non-compliance, whatever. But the timing couldn't be more poignant.

You misunderstand me.

Is there any way to validate that bigger conventions where indeed canceled? I don't doubt your word but I would like to look it up myself and I could also bring it up with JWs if I have a reference.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    This isn't just a phenomenon in Australia. They are even holding the regional convents in assembly halls in this country.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Let the money grubbing continue....

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Is there any way to validate that bigger conventions where indeed canceled?

Yes. There has always been large District and Regional conventions in Australia. No more large conventions mean that large conventions have been cancelled. They have been replaced with local JW assembly hall conventions.

Large conventions have always been big money earners for the WTBTS.

• Oogie
    Oogie
    Maybe they knew the Royal Commission would be doing their thing right now, so they decided to keep a low-key for the time being?
  • Lemonp
    Lemonp
    Can confirm, my RC is being split up and held in the smaller Assembly Hall
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

RCs in assembly halls has been predicted by many on here, especially once the move to 2 x 1 day CA events took place. Large RCs might be money spinners but they also cost big. Assembly halls are often debt free and overheads fairly minimal. I bet they have done the calcs and worked out they stand to make more through higher occupancy at the assembly halls.

The move in Australia may have additional side benefits with respect to the timing of the current enquiry but I think the primary cause is cash and not the Royal Commission. Don't forget as well that the trek to the international convention last year was not well received if my information from friends down under is correct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit