be it illegal to deny the holocaust?

by comforter 71 Replies latest jw friends

• siegswife
    siegswife
    you remind me of a jw who is asked in service "Are you people recuiting" o no sir we are just encouraging bible reading, of course the CO just told everyone before you left the hall this morning that WE WANT BIBLE STUDIES!!

That's how I'm seeing it too JT.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

War and pacifism are a failure, because we as humans are failures. Period. The Nazis did kill a bunch of Jews, and killing just 1 person of any nationality because of racism is unacceptable.

The A-bombs were dropped; deal with it. Also, the only real surrender is an unconditional surrender.

Just accept whatever happened and move on. The camps obviously existed, and haggling over how many MILLIONS were killed is absurd. Let's say just one hundred thousand were killed. That's as big as the town I grew up in. I just can't fathom it.

It the US guilty of crimes? Of course. Have we done anything on the scale of Hitler? Depends on your viewpoint, but I say no. If anything, our worst crime is apathy.

But, why are you guys fighting about this anyway? People everywhere should be free to believe what they want to, just not DO whatever they want to.

ash

• Sargon
    Sargon

My 2 cents:

Anyone who denies the holocaust has obviously never read Rudolf Hoess' autobiography, "The Commandant of Auschwitz". Written while jailed by the allies awaiting trial and execution.

or

Eugon Kogon's "The Buchenwald Report":. Much of which is included in his book "The Theory and Practise of Hell"

also

any one who claims that pacifism has never won a war, has never heard of Ghandi and the events that occured in India in 1948.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Royal,

The show showed two or three different prototypes (yes they were prototypes) but their engine technology was years ahead of ours. Did you try to check out stuff on their long range bomber? The history channel show suggested that they where working on Air to Air missles but that sounded a little far fetched to me. Either way, given enough time they would have caused the U.S. some serious problems.

Prom,

Pacifism, like Communism, sounds great on paper but it doesnt work. All it takes is one non-pacifist to mess the whole thing up. War is part of almost every culture. Be it Islam, Christian, Norse, or Tribal. Even GOD himself is not a Pacifist! Look how many people He has killed!! Defending my beliefs and protecting my people is not War Mongering. Would you have shot Hitler or Mousilini if you had the chance? What about Stalin?

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    Pacifism, like Communism, sounds great on paper but it doesnt work. All it takes is one non-pacifist to mess the whole thing up. War is part of almost every culture. Be it Islam, Christian, Norse, or Tribal. Even GOD himself is not a Pacifist! Look how many people He has killed!! Defending my beliefs and protecting my people is not War Mongering. Would you have shot Hitler or Mousilini if you had the chance? What about Stalin

TRUTHFULLY, pacifism works great IN PRACTICE. PACIFISTS can't mess anything up because they do not get invvolved with anything that is messed up or could get messed up (including false religion). Pacifists are very discernful people and recognize a bomb even BEFORE the fuse can is lit. And they walk away...

War is an ILLEGAL process of men who want power, killing men who want power, by their own whims and fancies for their OWN POWER AGENDAS secret or otherwise, with the facade of pushing it as being OK by their own brand of propaganda and feeling JUSTIFIED to those SUBJECTED to them to do the killing, bound in subjection to the men who crave POWER and WHO DEMAND and EXPECT full control OVER THEIR SUBJECTS. So MEN KILL WILLINGLY thinking "this is GOOD." WRONG.

Christ TAUGHT pure pacifism for ALL mankind, because only GOD can be JUSTIFIABLY ACTIVE in condemning men to death for what ever fashion and reason HE SEES FITS by HIS standards of JUSTICE, which are perfect.

Any man that takes another man's life is MURDER. Even in self defense, it is STILL MURDER.

There is only ONE that can take a life and it NOT be murder, that being God alone. Because ONLY HE can make that life out of NOTHING, and if it be his will to take down that life, and ONLY HE CAN BRING BACK TO LIFE THAT WHICH HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN.

God can take a life and it NOT be murder, because HE HAS THE POWER to turn life ON AND OFF like a light switch.

No man will ever have that power. Yet they KILL.

They will ALL pay if God judges them to do so...I, I will remain as Christ taught, IN PRACTICE, as best as my imperfect human body can perform...that is all this man can do.

Edited by - pomegranate on 19 November 2002 13:14:36

• Mary
    Mary

Jim, what I condone, is that you are trying to say that alot of these people died of disease; they weren't murdered by the Nazis. There were probably hundreds of thousands that died from disease in the camps, but they died because of what the Nazis DID TO THEM. My boss' mother was a survivor of one of the camps during the war, and the stories she tells are absolutely horrifying. Both her parents were sent to the gas chambers, along with her two brothers, so please don't try telling me, or anyone else that these chambers were for getting rid of lice.

Take a close look at that one picture I posted. A Nazi is holding a gun to a Jew's head. And there's a pitfull of dead bodies in the picture as well. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how these people died.

You've obviously made up your mind to believe that the Holocaust wasn't really as bad as history lets on, so nothing that me or anyone else here is going to make you see anything different.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

A Nazi is holding a gun to a Jew's head

How do you KNOW that it is a Jew?

Edited by - pomegranate on 19 November 2002 15:17:53

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Why you believe what you believe

Experts on the human mind say that humans are convinced to believe things for four principal reasons:

1. You tend to believe most strongly that which you hear first.

2. If you change, it will most likely be to that which you hear repeated many times.

3. You next tend to believe that which you want to believe or that which fits your already pre-conceived ideas or notions.

4. Lastly, humans are least likely to believe that which is logical and makes sense, especially if it contradicts what they hear most!
  • pomegranate
    pomegranate

It is extremely important to understand something here. The truth stands alone. Truth never needs reinforcing, endless repeating, or justification by a law. Whenever you see a government enact a law in order to bring out the truth, you can be assured that you are witnessing a lie. One of the prime examples of this would be the laws in Canada, Australia and Europe, which make it a crime for anyone to question the facts about the so-called holocaust. If many of the holocaust facts were not fabrications to begin with, no law would be necessary in order to stop people from questioning them. - David Gould

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

This should also make you wonder about just who is actually in charge of those governments and what those people know about the reality of the holocaust. You might ask yourself what they have gained by the lie they have promoted for fifty years (Authors note: If you doubt what I have just written, you need to do some of your own research. I suggest you start with Wilhelm Staeglichs outstanding book, Auschwitz: A Judge Looks at the Evidence, ISBN No. 0-939484-22-1. The second investigation you need to make is concerning who actually paid for Hitlers rise to power in Germany. A hint: who controls the sources of money in Europe and in America?)

Who controls our media?

George Washington, writing to Edmund Pendleton in 1795, spoke on the effects of propaganda:

"It is well known that when one side only of a story is heard and often repeated, the human mind becomes impressed with it insensibly."

Bertrand Russell, philosopher, educator and self-styled atheist wrote this:

"I think the subject which will be of most importance politically is Mass Psychology. Its importance has been enormously increased by the growth of modern methods of propaganda ...Although this science will be diligently studied, it will be rigidly confined to the governing class (Elite). The populace will not be allowed to know how its convictions were generated."

Bertrand Russell was privy to information on means of propaganda that George Washington could never have dreamed of, so he was -- understandably enough -- a bit more insightful than Washington could possibly have been. Russell realized that the common people could never be permitted to know the sources from which their brainwashing came. He foresaw the power of the modern media, and he was able to see who in America would usurp and hold a stranglehold on the power of the media for their own benefit. Now tell me, do you still feel like sitting down to enjoy a few hours of the rich mans harmless TV?

"Truth will prevail. Truth will ultimately prevail where there [are] pains taken to bring it to light." (Authors note: George Washington wrote this to Charles Mynn Thurston in 1794). - David Gould

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit