Slip of the tongue

by els 15 Replies latest jw friends

• els
    els

Have you ever said anything embarassing by saying the wrong word because of what you were thinking about?
    I once saw a very hot guy come into the restaurant where I work. As he was walking in I was thinking how much I loved his eyes (as well as some other things). He came up to the counter and I stepped up and said "Can I love you?!" I will never live it down with my coworkers.
    Also, one time my daughter and I were shopping for shoes. We went in one store and she found a pair she liked but she wanted to keep looking so she went to the counter to ask if the extremely cute salesguy would hold them for her. I was waiting just outside the store when she practically ran out of the store and said "Lets go!" We were about halfway down the mall when she told me that she had gone up to the counter and asked, "Will you hold me?".
    I guess losing control of our tongues around hot guys is something we have in common.
    Anyone else? C'mon fess up. els

• Dutchie
    Dutchie
    "Can I love you?"

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

That is too funny. What did he say?

Edited by - Dutchie on 17 November 2002 23:51:20

• LB
    LB

Oh yes, I've messed up more than once. A few years back a gorgeous woman walked into a lodge where I was staying. I said hello and she smiled and we chatted a bit. I realized I had been staring at her boobs like a typical guy so I thought I'd cover up and mention that her blouse was gorgeous. So I said, "I like your boobs, blouse, I mean blouse".

Smooth as sandpaper

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

The hospital that my wife works for was holding free health check in a small town close by. She asked me to help with some things. When I got there her and the other nurses were talking about an episode on the Jerry Seinfeld show where Elane had pictures of herself taken that showed one of her nipples. Remember that show? Well I joined in the conversation when one of the cute little nurses that always threatens to stick me with a needle walked up and I blurted out. You don't have any NIPPLES on you do you? I meant to say you don't have any NEEDLES on you do you?

To this day if they see me, something about nipples is said just to see me blush

Outoftheorg

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

This thread reminds me of the story about the two fellows who were chatting and one tells the other, "Man I had the most embarassing thing happen the other day! I was at the airline counter and got so distracted by the gorgeous well-endowed attendant that when I meant to say "Give me two tickets to Pittsburgh" instead I said "Give me two pickets to Tittsburgh"!!!

The other fellow said, "Yeah, I know just what you mean. I did that the other day too. I was sitting at the table with my wife and I meant to say, "Honey could you please pass the butter?", but instead I said "You goddamned bitch you've ruined my life!"

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Well, this may not be quite the same as the slips mentioned.

My wife and her sister used to look identical from behind. I mean I could not tell the difference.

Often when I saw my wife...like when I came home, I would say, "Hi, gorgeous!"

One day, I come home, through the door, and see my "wife" from behind. So I say, "Hi, gorgeous!"

She turned around. It was my wife's sister!

God, did my wife give me major hell for that...

Richard

Edited by - Skeptic on 18 November 2002 1:55:14

• ugg
    ugg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• qwerty
    qwerty

When I was a good wittle JW Pioneer, on one of many occasions I was asked to do a demo on offering the WT & Aw.

I did a perfect presentation of da "good news"tm right untill getting the mags out to show the house holder.......That's where it when right, ermmmm I mean wrong. Every time I trird to say Bible based magazines all I could say was......"I am sure you would really enjoy reading our Bable based magazines"!

Qwerty

• Francois
    Francois

I was filming a public service announcement for tv and it showed a man's hand and a woman's hand and between them they were manipulating a slinky back and forth. This was to represent how a minor child was bounced back and forth between father and mother after a divorce. To make only the hands visible, we had the guy and gal put their hands through a hole in a sheet of black felt and carefully lit only their hands.

Now I had gone to some trouble to find a very nice looking pair of female hands which were attached to a very nice looking young woman.

After the shoot was over, I wanted to thank the girl for coming all the way over to the studio to let us shoot her hands. I walked up to her and said, to my everlasting horror, "Thanks for bringing your hole this morning." I tried to recover. "I mean thanks for bringing your hands with you." Still not good, but better. I realized it didn't matter what I said after that original gaffe. So I crawled under the nearest rock and stayed there until after she left.

• shera
    shera

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit