Help! Neighbor starting a study

by Trotafox 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mouthy
    mouthy

Send me her address I will send her a free copy of "A Jehovahs Witness Finds the Truth" by Jean Eason-It has helped so many come free.....

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Gee... what great ideas you all have. Thanks everyone. I was starting to panic as to what to do. I'll mull them over and let you know what happens between now and the holidays. Again, thanks.

Trot

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello, may I add my five pennoth.

I agree that C of C may be too heavy at this time , and the sisters would rubbish it as they always do.

Do not criticize the sisters personally, they have appeared as friends and your neighbour no doubt is grateful to them.

I would concentrate on trying to get her to think, asking questions "Can you really say that non J Ws deserve to die at Armageddon ? What about her family, do they deserve that ,? etc

It is true that she has the right to decide for herself, but she deserves to hear all the information. Good Luck!

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Thanks, Blues. You're quite right.

Trot

• KistByQpid
    KistByQpid

I WISH someone would have seen, said, acted upon the JW predators that came knocking on my mom's door. Of course my dad had just passed away and she was "home alone" for the first time in her adult life...KNOCK KNOCK. Unfortunately, no such neighbor existed and I didn't know until it was too late. I now have a zealous JW mom who trolls neighborhoods looking for easy targets ie: emotional misfits. She can't have a DECENT conversation with me or my children, without preaching and bad mouthing the following: the "world", materialistic people, CATHOLICS, "So-called Christians" Idolatry, etc. Honestly, there is absolutely NO NEUTRAL ground, NO SUBJECT we can talk about, without her pathetically trying to "witness" to me. I can no longer leave my kids alone with her. The last time my 8 year old daughter spent the night...she chastised her for the fact that she was wearing a small cross my husband and I had given her. She ranted and raved about crucifiction and the whole cross vs. stake bull and TERRIFIED my daughter with her sheer emotional and fanatic behavior and hideous WT "artwork" She had one of her "sisters" come over and they actually tried to have a "study" with my daughter...without my permission. My daughter LOVES Grandma and didn't know what to do or say when Grandma told her to sit down and listen...that what mom and dad had taught her was a LIE...that she wasn't going to Heaven. Some people have NO concept of what it is to respect other people's boundaries...the JW's are some of the biggest offenders I've ever seen.

I wish there would have been a neighbor, who would have seen this in it's EARLIEST stages...maybe my familie's life wouldn't be the mess it is. Bless you for caring. No one can tell me the WT isn't destructive...it is...if you don't "go along to get along" the next tactic is to divide and conquer EVEN if it means destroying your family in the process...

Edited by - KistByQpid on 23 November 2002 3:30:38

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Kist:

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. You answered my question perfectly as to whether I should get involved. I, too, feel the same way and want to get involved for the same reasons. I just have to do it tactfully and soon before the brainwashing takes affect.

Trot

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

I brought this thread back to the top as I had an opportunity to talk to my neighbor, Marie.

I made up a basket, lined it in red tissue paper, stuck a bow on it and filled it with little koscher truffles wrapped up in gold boxes with ribbon for my 7 Jewish neighbors. I put in 2 cans of tea cakes for the 2 Christian neighbors and 1 box of sugar-free chocolates for my diabetic neighbor. And off I went a "neighboring". What fun I had chatting with them. I work full-time and never get a chance to neighbor very much.

When I got to Marie's house, her granddaughter was there. I had some material prepared in a file folder but I never had to use it. I just sort of let the conversation flow. I said I used to be a JW and am now enjoying celebrating Xmas again after 11 years. She stated that "the JW lady across the street" (this would be Alberta) was trying to get her granddaughter to study. I asked "And what do you think about that?" She said "Oh, no. I told my granddaughter that I didn't think her daddy would approve of that." To which I agreed and stated that it was a very high control group that completely takes over your life and told her about how my best friend of 26 years was now shunning me and few other little diddies.

So no problem there. The granddaughter is attending a children's bible study at a mainstream church in the neighborhood. Phew-w-w-w.

Anyway, just thought you all might want to know how it came out. Especially KistByQPid.

Trot

• LB
    LB

Glad to hear it Trota. Wish I had been talked to during my stupid study.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

So there is a potential of three people's lives being ruined by this damnable organization if Mary succumbs to Alberta's teaching

I personally would visit your neighbor and voice your concerns. I am the type of person that wants to at least know I TRIED to stop something. Does it always work , sometimes it takes time but the end result is at least they have the other side in their mind to, so she's not buying a pig in a poke so to speak.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Trot, this is great news. I had missed the thread originally, but I'm so glad that things turned out this way. I can't believe the gall of the Witnesses attempting to study with this woman's granddaughter without her parents' permission.

It's good, too, that Mary now knows that you were once a JW. I'm sure that she'll be able to use you as a resource in the future if Alberta starts to get pushy again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit