still in doubt

by gotcha 20 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

Larc,
    I'm glad to see you brought up the topic of Noah's ark again. It gives me a chance to explain my thoughts on it more fully.
    Reading this forum has made me very grateful that my religious upbringing was not more intense. I believe it gives me a more objective view of the bible since I was never told what some organized religion thought it said. To me, the whole story of Noah's ark is explained in the very end (the moral of the story, as they say). This is what I think happened:
    A long time ago in a more primative time, a child asked his father "Daddy, why do we sometimes see an arc of beautiful colors in the heavens?" The father sees the curve of colors, compares it to a bow (a weapon) and spins a tale about why God has hung his weapon in the clouds (a warrior would hang up his weapon when he was done fighting). That is why the story ends like this: Ge9:11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
    Ge9:12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
    Ge9:13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
    To all those who believe the story is literal, I ask: "Do you believe a rainbow is God's weapon hanging on a cloud or do you believe the more modern explaination of refracted light?"
    thinker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit