still in doubt

by gotcha 20 Replies latest jw friends

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Doubt is like a drop of water on a rock....keep dripping

the one true religion statemnt I find very egotistical and just a blasphemous statemnt all the way around.

I spose the evildoer was somehow privy to this TRUE religion

Mar 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Mar 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part

Mar 9:41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of [these] little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

I see belonging to CHRIST,,,not JWS
    THese scriptures do appear inthe NWT...

guess the RULES HAVE CHANGED

• Carmel
    Carmel

Mensa,

Just wondering, are you telling us your IQ is 163? It strikes me odd that some come here and post under the name "humble" then prove otherwise, you post under "mensa163" then make the claim that the bible is the only source of truth, or words to that effect. Do I detect a pattern here?

carmel (not referring to my sweetness either)

• JanH
    JanH
    An actuarial study was done on the presumption that Noahs Ark landed with 8 people aboard about 4000 years ago. Based on that , the population of the earth today then should be between 4-6 billion which is pretty accurate.

For having a alleged genius IQ, you really buy into stupid christian legends easily.

A very basic understanding of history and statistics would tell you that no such calculation could possibly be made.

Would you need me to tell you why?

PS: I think it's sad you started off your presence on j-w telling an absurd lie.

- Jan
    --
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen"
    -- Albert Einstein

• battman
    battman

Hi Gotcha,
    I am just beginning to figure out for myself what
    I can relie on and after some serious study I
    discovered the more I studied the more confused
    I became. Some of these arguments can go on
    forever with an equal amount of "scriptual
    proofs" on each side of the deabte when actually
    there may be a third, or more, perfectly sane
    explanation.

This is known as "Hobson's Choice Fallacy"
    in logical thinking. Enter 'fallacy faq's'
    into any search engine for a complete discussion
    of all the retorical fallacy of which the CC of J W
    makes extensive use,. Hobson's Choice is to present
    your argument as either it's black or it's white.
    Rarely true as so much of life is a wide expanse of grey,
    but given in an emotional case seems very powerful. I fell
    for this toooooo many times. I just wanted to believe!!!

I received "new lite" when I was doing a word for
    word comparison of, WT literature, Emphatic Diaglott (E.D.)
    vs. Kingdom Interlinear. I was studying in Act 20:20 and
    discovered that the exact same greek word was rendered
    as (big) houses in the E.D. and then rendered as "house to house"
    in the K.I.

At that moment the little boy pulled his finger out of the dike and
    I was washed away. One tiny, tiny flaw and it all tumbles down.

Further study showed that the K.I. "house to house" definition came
    from the, are you ready for this?, are you sure?? really sure???

The despictable, error riddled, blah, blah, blah King James version.
    God I hate when that happens!!!! I mentioned this to an elder,
    fromer Bethei lite, and his retort was that "even the WT used to publish
    the KJ version". no s..., but didn't answer the question, of course.

So why does the "org"," society", etc. continue to "promote" this
    blaaatant falsehood. "follow the money dummy, follow the money"

In the "United" book the Tower teaches me that the NT is written
    primarily for the "annointed/144k, FDS (fem deordant spay) so Paul's
    words were to them stating that he Paul taught them "pubikly",
    in thier temples and in their (big) houses ie: meeting halls. This is
    almost universally accepted by mature/serious (genuine) bible
    scholars. Not door to door rendering. (follow de $$$$$$).
    Advertize (sell), Advertize (sell), Advertize (sell) the organization.

The WT used to
    teach pubiclly up to 1975. They had real public lectures, records and
    even radio broadcasts. All long gone, they have gone underground
    even tho most people know them as d2d peeps that is not where the
    growth comes from, its from networking almost exclusively. Another
    poster was trying to compare the WT to a real corp. No way!!!
    A real business would dump d2d business model ie: Fuller Brush, and adopt
    the new "no cost/super efficient" media of the "net". Why not????
    (just follow the $$$$$$$$$.)

So on one hand (black side) the NT is for the r&f as a "motovational stick" ($$$$$$)
    but only (the white side) written to the FDS when its time to go to H................

This is not Hobson's Choice (black vs white).
    Another explanation showed me that by a reading of the introduction of
    both w4w books
    states clearly that due to 300 - 400 years of missing continuity, hundreds
    of slightly differing versions, hundreds of differing translations and of couse
    human (see above ex) bias/agendas and that ole imperfection thing then
    what we have today is an SWAG work. (Scientific Wild A Guess).

I forgot to mention the WT editors credit Jah for a "little help" on their work.
    Jah does little jobs? I guess no job is too big or too small.

battman
    of the washed (away) or (up) class
    but not of the job class

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, gotcha! Welcome to the Board.

I'm with mensa in believing that if you keep reading, keep thinking, but most of all KEEP PRAYING, God will show you what you need to do to worship Him acceptably.

And I'm with you and stephenw20 in thinking that there is no such thing as the "one true religion".

I'm sure you're in a difficult spot, disagreeing with your mom. None of my children really ever accepted the Watchtower Society's authority over them (maybe because their dad was not a Witness?) and came to meetings only out of love and respect for me. Perhaps you're doing the same. Trust me that your Mom appreciates it. And trust me, too, that she will continue loving you even if you never "Make the 'Truth' Your Own [8>]." (Just don't get baptized and then leave -- complicates EVERYTHING!!!)

I look forward to your posts.
    outnfree

• gotcha
    gotcha

hello...but the thing is i'm already baptized...i'm still in college so for now i'm still under my parents(my dad isn't jw too)...sunday mtgs are fine with me but what i feel is that too much is being asked of me so that what i do becomes "just for the sake of doing". maybe there are just too many things that don't seem right anymore..but i hope that things would get clearer....life! hehe

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

Many people here think all jw's need to be rescued from the religion, or at least that's the vibe i've been getting. Now, i don't know about that. My mother and I have come to the conclusion God judges on heart condition, not religion. There are many good people in every religion. I'm sure a lot of people are happy to be Jehovah's Witnesses, and are kind people in every aspect of life, just as many Catholics, many Baptists, many Mormons, etc. It's the people who suffer that need out. But I say leave the rest in, if they're happy doing it. So gotcha, if you are happy where you are, then stay in. If not, then try a change. God knows you are a good person on the inside, no matter what religion you're in. If you live your life the way you do to make HIM happy, then I truly believe that's all he really cares about.

Why should people turn to religion then? in my opinion, you shouldn't. But that is only my opinion. It's easier to be strong with others who believe the same as you. As long as you're serving God in a way that YOU feel is right and that makes YOU happy, that is all that matters.

"No cool quote yet. But i'll think of one soon."

• gotcha
    gotcha

hey dorky
    thanks! that's what i think too...it really depends on the person..some really need this and that and they eventually get on to the religion which basically fills their needs...i think religion is good when it helps u become a better person but if it fails then maybe you could find other ways/paths to lead u to become a better human being..i'm happy the way i am because i intend to do things which i want to as long as it doesn't hurt others but of course some things that i want to do are against the rules of jws right? so i'm trying to deprogram my conscience of some things..do u think that's fine?..and maybe if someone knew that i was like this maybe i'd be good as a dfd member rt?ohh well...
    gotcha

• claudia
    claudia

Dorky, interesting web site, i book marked it.

• ICHING
    ICHING

hey gotcha

i hold beliefs which are against there doctrines and for me a well informed and formed conscience is more powerful than laws imposed by people in religious orgs. the things is that i'm in a dilemma

anyone who makes a statement like that is a totally sane individual

- never think otherwise just because the wtbts conformists outnumber u

if u wanna email me [email protected]

badassociate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit