al-Qaida demands America convert to Islam

by Reborn2002 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I found the article interesting and something which may trigger discussion.

Why do I get the uneasy feeling something reminscent of 9/11 looms on the horizon?

It is inevitable that al-Qaida will again attack the United States. It is also inevitable that eventually they will be successful in causing death on a massive scale (as this is their intent) much like they did when the World Trade Center and the Pentagon was attacked.

The question is what method (how) they will use in attacking.. and when.

Having read recently that nuclear material was declared missing in Russia, and adding the impending confrontation between the United States under the Bush Administration against Saddam Hussein..

one can only wonder.

• LB
    LB

Yep, things will get ugly won't it? One can only wonder. Hopefully the next time the US gets criminals like Bin Laden cornered it won't rely on lousy military such as what happened when they trusted Pakistan. They were shockingly slow getting into posistion.

I wonder if we could have nailed him in those mountains if we had dropped a couple of nukes on them?

• avishai
    avishai

You tell these bozo's that follow the "religion of peace" that the next time theres an attack on the u.s, that mecca & medina become glass parking lots. Then aim most of are nukes that way to prove we are'nt kidding. Then we see what happens

• heathen
    heathen

I noticed since 911 the news media and hollywood seem to have never ending ideas as to what else the terrorists could do.There is no point in giving them ideas such as crop dusters with chemical and biological cargo on board or the blowing up the hoover dam and killing everyone in los vegas.Only time will tell .

• Francois
    Francois

I'm tellin' ya, the sooner we turn the mid-east into a glowing glass parking lot the better off we'll be. Can you imagine; citizens of the US must become Muslim? If you thought JWs were bad, wait till an Imam starts telling you what to do.

Remember the Spanish Inquisition: reject Judaism and become Catholic or die? In a most horrible manner?

I vote to nuke the bastards. I don't want to poke my fanny towards the moon in a room full of guys doing the same. And you ladies, are you ready to wear your burka and become second class citizens and maybe even be required to undergo femal circumcision? Nuh uh.

Nuke 'em

• Bhagavad
    Bhagavad

NUKE MECCA!!! NUKE MECCA!!! NUKE MECCA!!!

• dmouse
    dmouse

Maybe we are about to enter a period of such great tribulation, that is, religious war on an unprecedented scale, that the only way for the human race to survive will be to abandon religion altogether.

After the wars the survivers will turn on all religions...

Does that sound familier?

Perhaps this generation has seen the calm before the storm and the real 'time of the end' is just about to begin?

• freeman
    freeman

I for one see no problem with converting to Islam. I believe this religion is as valid as the Christian / Judaic model so popular here in the west. But like all other religions I have encountered thus far, Islam falls when exposed to higher criticism. Also Mohameds luster diminishes considerably when certain aspects of his historical life are exposed.

So I guess if none of that is important to anyone and you can live with that, go for it.

Then again, there is the suggestion by Francois and Bhagavad above. That could work too.

Freeman

Edited by - freeman on 17 November 2002 6:2:43

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

5,4,3,2,1......FIRE!.....(as saddam and osama look up and realise they are fuck*d)...*****boom*****,

• Perry
    Perry

That is not surprising since Islamic cultures are based on the example of Mohammed. Though Islamic literature praises Mohammed as a man of peace, he was also a military leader. In 624 AD, The Prophet announced the concept of the Jihad--the holy war. He said in the blessed book, The Koran, "I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them. ...And slay them wherever ye catch them...." In the next nine years, the man of peace ordered a minimum of 27 military campaigns. He personally led nine of them.

It is not surprising that Moslem jurists would later declare that there are two worlds: the world of Islam--Dar al-Islam--and the non-Islamic world--Dar al-Harb. These two territorial spheres, explained the Moslem scholars, are in a state of perpetual war. According to some Koranic interpreters, any leader who fails to "make wide slaughter" in the land of the infidel is committing a sin. A statesman is only allowed the temporary expedient of peace if his forces are not yet strong enough to win. - The Lucifer Principle

This may explain why Elias Canetti, in his Nobel Prize-winning book Crowds and Power, calls Islam a killer religion, literally "a Religion of War."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit