weak people

by vanilla sky 37 Replies latest jw friends

• vanilla sky
    vanilla sky

Is it sad to anybody that people can jump from one stupid idea to another. i mean what else can you believe in after the jehovahs witness's. Why just jump from belief to another. Are people that weak or is it the reason why they got sucked in?

• LB
    LB

So Vanilla what stupid ideas have you jumped into?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Why just jump from belief to another. Are people that weak or is it the reason why they got sucked in?

Some of us were raised JWs. When we grew old enough to think for ourselves and to leave home, we did. When you find out that the religion that you were raised in isnt true, why not look for something else?

Would you marry the first person that came along or would you wait, take your time, date lots of people, observe and then marry the one that you felt would be true?

Part of the joy of life is to experience different things, to try variety. Why would you exchange one set of false beliefs for another? Many former witnesses become atheist. I wouldn't call that just jumping from one belief to another.

What is the purpose for phrasing your question the way you did? In particular, I wonder about this phrase of yours:

Is it sad to anybody that people can jump from one stupid idea to another. i mean what else can you believe in after the jehovahs witness's

You sound like a JW asking where will you go if you leave? That is a favorite question of theirs. You sound familiar, havent't we met you here before, under a different alias?

Whether you are a JW or not, welcome to the forum.

Robyn

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Is it sad to anybody that people can jump from one stupid idea to another. i mean what else can you believe in after the jehovahs witness's

Almost anything. I mean almost ANYTHING is better than that crap.

Farkel

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I don't think people who have strong religious convictions are weak. To the contrary it takes a lot of guts to keep the faith. While I don't agree, and I personally think it's sad people can jump from religion to religion when they are all exactly the same, I don't fault them for it. I just can't see eye to eye with them.

• Mum
    Mum

Everyone has beliefs, whether "weak" or "strong" or somewhere in between. What is your point?

• LB
    LB

Maybe something intelligent like astrial projection is better??

• vanilla sky
    vanilla sky

The question i bring up is what do we or I believe in. What makes sence? Why act like you have all of the answers. No one does. its arrogance to think you do.

• vanilla sky
    vanilla sky

Oh yeah mr santanna wannabe has so much to say. i ask a honest question and LB wants to play a elder. You have it all figured out dont you? I dont want to believe, Fuck Beliefs>

• LB
    LB

vanilla it appeared to me that you were asking a pointed question here. Not an honest one. Maybe I was wrong. But come on now. What's the elder comment? Santana I like but elder????

Also you mentioned here how witnesses go from one stupid thing to another, and the word weak is in your title. Then on another thread you say you believe in astral projection and have had some out of body experiences. Does that seem logical to you?

I just drew a connection between your two threads, seems they are very closely connected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit