ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO

by Mary 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Here's a program I'll definitely want to see on November 22nd. It seems that there are some Archeologists that have done some investigating around Roswell, to see if there's any evidence of a crash there 50 years ago.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=570&ncid=753&e=1&u=/nm/20021116/sc_nm/life_ufo_dc

I believe that a UFO did in fact, crash there in 1947 and that there was a cover up.

If it were proven that it was a UFO, how would that affect our society, religion in particular?

• LB
    LB

Well that certainly would require the society to shed some "new light" on the matter if such a thing occurred.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Have there been other alleged reports of UFO crashes before or after Roswell? Anyone know?

• Mary
    Mary

LB, they'd probably try to say it was "demons"......

There have been reported sightings of strange things in the sky since the beginning. Egyptians recorded seeing cylinder objects in the skys over Egypt, 5,000 years ago. Heck even certain passages in the bible could be interpreted as UFO......Jacob's ladder, Ezekiel chapter 1..........there are painting from the Middle Ages where there were reports of objects in the sky and it's continued right down to our day.

As for another crash, there was one that apparently crashed somewhere in Eastern Canada in the 1960s. It was on TV a while ago called "The Shag Harbour Incident". Many credible eye witnesses said they saw a UFO, it crashed in the water, scuba divers were sent down to investigate, something happened while they were down there that apparently really scared them, and then the submerged UFO took off to somewhere else. Here's a link to a site about it: http://ufoarea.bravepages.com/crashes_shag_harbour.html

Of course, without proper evidence, it's difficult to prove. But I think it'll be very interesting to see what these archeologists have discovered as Roswell.

Edited by - Mary on 16 November 2002 21:36:13

Edited by - Mary on 16 November 2002 21:39:10

• rem
    rem

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing what this "smoking gun" is. My guess is that it turns out to be nothing exciting. The believers will still believe, the skeptics (such as myself) will not, unless there is some pretty darn good evidence.

rem

• larc
    larc

rem and I see eye to eye on this subject. First off, Roswell is the location of a government experimental facility, so lots of stuff is going on there, such things as the latest stealth fighters and bombers which look more like outer space vehicles than any airplane seen up until that time, so that sophisticated stuff, when seen flying over head made everyone spooked out (how is that for a run on sentence)

One time I heard that the wreckage from the outer space stuff was shipped to Dayton, Ohio, to Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Funny thing, I have lived in Dayton for 25 years and the subject has never been mentioned.

• neyank
    neyank

Here's a site that some may find interesting.

www.bibleufo.com

It's an interesting subject.

There have been many sightings by many people.

Some have been explained.
    Some have not.

The Bible does seem to make reference to ufos.

Could they be real?

And if they are,, what could they be and where could they have come from?

What would you do if you saw one?

neyank

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

My mother lived in Roswell NM right after all this occurred and the general public was not aware of it.It was a small town and you know how everyone talks. She says she definitly knew something happened. Personally I don't believe they are going to find anything worth while because the government has tried to keep this under wraps for decades (they went as far as killing the nurse that saw the alien)...why all of a sudden would they let these people in to find proof??

Edited by - rubytuesday on 17 November 2002 9:37:49

Edited by - rubytuesday on 17 November 2002 9:38:46

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When there is a crash of an aircraft in any country,the immediate reaction is to send follow up help to find suvivors.My question is, why have no other ufos come to the rescue of their own immediately after the crash? Blueblades.

• rem
    rem

I most definitely believe in the existence of UFO's. I just don't believe they are alien space craft. Think about what the initials 'UFO' stand for. Positing alien space craft for Unidentified Flying Objects is an argument from ignorance and disregards Occham's Razor.

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit