Do you have many friends?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Years ago, everybody seemed to talk to their neighbors, and knew just about everything about them, where they work, knew alot about them. But now a days, we know much more people on the internet, than real live people in front of us. We are a generation of computer addicts. Is it because it is hard to make real friends, that we turn to cyber friends instead? Is it so hard to make real friends in these times and ages? Just the fact that we are writting to each other like this on this forum, shows that we need human relations, and friendship. How many real friends do you have, that you could count on, if ever you were passing a rough time?

• larc
    larc

JH, that is a very good question. I am 62 years old, and I have many friends. I have one friend I had not seen in twenty years and when we met and talked, it was like no time had passed between us. I have other friends, such as, my wife and children that have stuck with me through thick and thin, and I have done the same thing for them. I have an enormous number of friends. Also, I have people who I thought were my friends who were major disappoints to me.... such is life.

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Hi JH....

I have many friends outside of this site... I try to balance my time, and I peruse this site only a couple of times a week. I enjoy this site and appreciate having interaction with people who have had experience similar to my own. But, I'm a social person by nature, I gotta have a life too. It's great to be able to do both. :)

Inq

• LB
    LB

I used to have 6 million friends that I couldn't count on for anything. Now it appears I have many. Life isn't so bad.

Edited by - LB on 16 November 2002 20:55:12

• blondie
    blondie

Sometimes it takes a catastrophe to find out who your real friends are.

I have made friends with people at work who have helped me through some tough times financially and emotionally. Our neighbors have been great helping with food and the yard work.

I used to wonder where the brothers and sisters were from the KH but I don't any more.

I have helped several people learn to read and write working in a local literacy program. They have become like family to me.

I cannot believe that God will kill these people and let the ones at the KH live who resemble people mentioned at James 4:17

If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?
  • Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I have you..that's enough! ...

Seriously...I love the computer!. It is interesting and you can find things easier than going to a book store and buying a book to get information!

Being married to a JW really puts a strain on your life!..Worldly friends in your home are out of the picture..he would start talking about how God has a name..or some other JW subject! Anything to make them uncomforable and chase them off!

When I was working it was no problem. Us girls would go out to lunch or just meet for coffee or shopping.SinceI have retired he wants me with him all the time. I guess that is why I love the computer!

Now that he is sick.(Terminal Cancer).he doesn't even like his "Worldly kids coming over. It's like he wants to isolate us!...

Another reason I love the computer!

I love him dearly..but he is taking a toll on me right now. But believe me..if he doesn't survive this cancer...I don't think I will be on here at all...

What's funny is that I am still friends with all his work buddies wives!..Yet he doesn't want anything to do with those worldly people!..

Must be the JW coming out of him ...

Snoozy...What was the question again??????

Edited by - Golden Girl on 16 November 2002 21:4:56

• Francois
    Francois

When you get to your fifth or sixth decade, if you have a half-dozen true friends, friends you can count on who accept you warts and all, you are well and truly blessed.

• finnrot
    finnrot

Hi JH, Being raised a Witness made me an anti social. From the beginning I was the freak that sat in his chair during the flag salute, I was the one who would have to run out of the room if some kid brought a demonized Ouija board. I was the freak that had to sit alone in the classroom all alone during holiday time, listening to my happy classmates singing x-mas carols.

When you stand out as being different to other children they treat you like a pariah. It really makes it hard to develope social skills and make close friends when you don't really know how to interact with people that were brought up in a normal environment. I have been out for many years now and have tried hard to learn how to socialize with worldly people, and I have made a few close friends. For those of you that weren't brought up as witnesses, you can't have a clue as to what I'm talking about.

-fin

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

none....sad but true.

• JH
    JH

Too bad you don't have the friends that you surely deserve. I noticed that nice people often have less friends than arrogant un loving people. Why is that? I think people make friends with others who ressemble them, even if they are evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit