WT Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-17 WT Stdy

by blondie 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

blondie, you wrote:

In spite of the strong counsel about personal study and commenting at the circuit assembly last week,

Have you sufficiently recovered from last weekend's ordeal to possibly post some of the "high"-lights you found so disturbing?

Please forgive my pestering. You've just got me so intrigued. Otoh, I am certain you do have a life to which you must attend and re-capping this stuff cannot and should not be very high a priority. In any event, I am happy to continue to note what observations regarding last week's CA programming you incorporate into your other posts. Keep them coming. They're quite informative and much appreciated.

Btw, congratulations! You've managed to achieve what the Society failed to do during the entire decade of the '90s and into this new millennium---whet my appetite for a WT article. (And this from a person who's hardly ever in her entire life from childhood seen a written word she hasn't been impelled to read!) I'm going to dig out the 10/1 mag, secure a kerchief over my nose and mouth, and read the study article for next week.

I trust you're suitably ashamed of yourself.

AMNESIAN

• blondie
    blondie

I haven't been able to get through the final 2 talks on Sunday, Amnesian. I listen to the tapes for about 3 minutes and then have to turn them off I get so mad. But I will persist tonight. I think the one point that bothered me the most was an illustration used that compared us to ELEPHANTS and was repeated and reused throughout the whole assembly. Pardon me, but the Bible says I am a sheep and the Jesus is a shepherd, not an elephant herder. What is wrong with Jesus' illustration. Why did the WTS have to change it elephants? Well, the rest of the story may show why they felt the change was necessary.

Blondie (who gets barf bags at a discount)

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Like the others, blondie, I also would like to thank you for your reviews. They are quite fascinating. Like youself, I too am still attending some meetings. However, I'm also trying to do the "submerge". But just to let you know, I won't be able to "ENJOY" () the Watchtower study this Sunday. Actually, I have a public talk scheduled in my Hall and my conscience will not let me go through with it. I will cancel and miss the meeting all together ~

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "Not Exerting Vigorously")

• found
    found

Blondie, what about the elephants?

• neyank
    neyank

Brother Alligator,

May I suggest that instead of cancelling your talk,
    why don't you give a talk from Crisis of Concience?

You can tell them that it is new light that you are shedding.

neyank

• blondie
    blondie

Well, AW, you can't do that too often and not appear suspicious. I think it is harder from men to fade away. Women are a dime a dozen in the WTS and can't do anything really important except preach and teach.

Found, be patient. I have been ill and the circuit assembly didn't help.

Neyank, a COC talk would make the brothers hold AW's head underwater permanently.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit