WT Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-17 WT Stdy

by blondie 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• neyank
    neyank

Hi blondie,

You're right on the mark with your comentary.

Looking forward to the next one.

neyank

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

blondie; thanx for your great breakdowns weekly.. but you never say which wt they are studing date and page.. when i call my dad to argue with him on the study of the week ..i don't know which wt they are on .. last week he told me they were on the mother threasa wt. that was a sept wt.. please give this info in the future so i can get the right wt out.. john

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for the heads up, johnny. I will add that to next week's. This week and next is from the October 1, 2002 issue with cover title, "Comfort in a Troubled World."

Thanks, pistoff, bluesbrother and neyank.

It is true that some cannot or will not see what is the real message behind the words of the WT.

I'm sure Applewhite, Koresh, and Jones as well as Manson were master word manipulators.

I grew up with a sociopathic, abusive manipulator, my father. He could make the average person think black was white.

The Shame Factor is being pumped up at the meetings and assemblies. Next week's article will bear that out.

Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

All I can say is that the elders demonstrated disobedience yesterday. Even after strong counsel that the elders participate more in commenting, only one did (and that doesn't mean the conductor). I was really tempted to give one of my alternative comments just to liven things up.

Oh,yes, JWs are obedient, that is why I saw a certain JW family walk into Harry Potter Part 2.

Blondie (who is looking forward to Star Trek, Nemesis)

• Room 215
    Room 215

Blondie, add my 'well done'' to the list. Your comments about whether the Kingdom message can be found in anything the JWs say to the public as they traipse from door to door or stand on street corners. Just check out the cover of the average Awake! magazine (I really love the recent one on the subject of being buried by garbage!), or the WT for that matter, and ask how any objective bystander could relate these to the Good News of the Kingdom, Man's reconciliatin to God and redemption.... And we're to believe that the householder's eternal destiny hangs in the balance as he peruses the contents of these rags. And take the article just just cited; I can't help but wonder what an editor for the New York Times would make of it! These study articles are all but indecipherable to the uninitiated.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, Room 215. When I was a more active JW, I did try to make the Kingdom my theme in my preaching. Strangely enough, I would be counseled by some because my presentation was not the "suggested" one. I would just point out there Jesus didn't use "suggested" presentations but relied on the Bible. One month, I offered a free home Bible study at every door with my first few words. Five people at the door immediately responded positively. I was counseled for that too in spite of my obvious success. I have never been very obedient to the brothers but I have always tried to be obedient to God. I find a great deal of comfort doing my little reviews. I want to hang onto my ability to think for myself while I still must pretend. Critical thinking of any information is a good to develop.

Blondie

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Excellent recap Blondie! I too was forced to sit through this yesterday. I agree that next week's article will really hammer the point of obedience above all else. The point I noticed yesterday was the use of the word near to describe the end of this system of things. I really would like a definition of near. Is it weeks, months, a year or two? This decade? And I too have noticed how many elders have found greener pastures for themselves in this dying old system of things. Vacation time from work is not used to auxiliary pioneer, its used for travel or other recreation. Sports cars that clearly are not good field service vehicles are common. Elders' children are busy preparing for college. Simply amazing...

• blondie
    blondie
    "SOON Satans entire wicked system will be destroyed in an unprecedented great tribulation

Yes, No Apologies, that is one of the first things I look for, "soon," "near," "very near, very soon," "imminent, approaching fast-approaching or threshold."

With the end of the generation concept, many are losing their "urgency." Yes, a local PO has purchased a plane. I wonder what his explanation is?

Yes, next week will be hard.

Blondie (WT Reviewer)

• acsot
    acsot

Thanks Blondie! I missed yesterday's meeting, my mother has bronchitis so obviously I had to stay home with her!! Now thanks to you I was able to partake of Jehovah's rich spiritual banquet, blah, blah, blah. Your comments were the dessert - thanks!

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear about your mother, acsot. Bronchitis can be painful. What a good child you are!

In spite of the strong counsel about personal study and commenting at the circuit assembly last week, the commenting was slack and uninteresting. When I do comment (not from review), I always get about 8 compliments. Not that I'm so good, but everyone is so bad. Regurgitation is all I hear, not an original thought or indication of any research.

Maybe your mom can cough through next Sunday.

Blondie (who could use a sick relative)

All the thinking ones left and are posting here at JWD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit