by Brummie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

My name is LB and I'm a recovered JW.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Brummie,

I am not an exjw anymore

Possibly the person who says this was an ex-jw and has found another path or belief system since then. But until they did they were an ex-JW, nothing more.

I am not an exjw I am now a Christian

Sounds like as both a JW and an ex-JW they don't figure they were a Christian. The difference between Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

I am not an exjw I am a NONE JW

An attempt to distance themselves a step farther from having been an ex (or, possibly to them, a fool conned into an elaborate hoax disguised as a religion and too embarrassing to think about).

All three sound to me like they have issues with ever having been in the cult. Or like a gay person saying they're bi when deep down they know differently.

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

If a really FAT person lost 100 lbs...would he/she want to be thought of as an EX-Fat Person forever? Or would that one gradually move on to think of themself as a thin person?

I've also heard many boast about being an EX-Bethelite, Ex-Pioneer (I've used that one!) or an Ex-Elder...Keeping that EX title LONG after leaving as a sort of EX-JW rite of passage.

Whatever we want to call ourselves, it doesn't change the fact that we were once JWs.

We can't deny it.

If some former JW wants to drop the EX...maybe it means they've just moved on with their life.

I envy them.

~Smoldering

of the "Supercalifrag-ilistic Ex-JW halitosis" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit