Exjws..or not

by Brummie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

are you an exjw or not an exjw anymore...? 3 statements I heard people make:

I am not an exjw anymore

I am not an exjw I am now a Christian

I am not an exjw I am a NONE JW.

000 OK excuse me for querying this but the above three statements were all made by exjws. So have I lost the plot or all three statements a denial of a persons history? Whats wrong with being an exjw, why deny were we came from?

Wherever we are, whether we have been out for 1, 10, 50 yrs we still are exjws right?

Same for those of us who were abused as kids, why do I sometimes here us say I am not a victim, I am a survivor surely one situation exists because of the other?

In either situation we shouldnt live with a victim mentality but that doesnt brush aside what we were or aredoes it?

Brummie

• freedom96
    freedom96

I just tell people that I grew up a witness, and saw the light, and left. Never worried about labels.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I know in AA and NA participants state their names and admit they are alcoholics or addicts, even if clean for many years, others say they are recovering alcoholics or addicts. Don't know if this holds true in religion?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I just tell people that I grew up a witness, and saw the light, and left. Never worried about labels

I never worried about labels either, just interested in why I hear this "I'm not an exjw, Im a..." so often from exjws.

Don't know if this holds true in religion?

Good point Kenn, I have also heard a few exjws say they feel like a recovering alcoholic when they say they are "exjws"

Brummie

• shera
    shera

I was baptized as a anligcan.....than a JW 22 yrs later.What would that make me?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Shera,

An English Jehovah's Witness?

• Brummie
    Brummie

Lol...an ex anglo-jw?

• shera
    shera

LOL @ you 2

• TR
    TR

I was not affiliated with any religion before 'hovahs, nor after. So that makes me a 'no-'hov-no', yeah, a no-'hov-no.

TR

• Brummie
    Brummie

bwahahaha....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit