Sad Songs

by Larry 108 Replies latest jw friends

• 2cute2btrue
    2cute2btrue

THE PRETENDERS ~ "I go to sleep" ( its on their greatest hits album)

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

I just heard this song the other day and I swear to you, this is a sad song!!!!

Lord have mercy!!!

My Baby ...by Blake Shelton

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Tink, is that "My Baby" or "The Baby"?

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Funny I should come across this thread right now as that's the kind of music I'm listening to.

Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston (sad memories)
    Eve 6 - Here's To Tonight (popular around 9/11 and just remember hearing it on the radio alot that day)
    The Replacements - Answering Machince (though just about anything slow and written by Paul Westerberg is amazing)
    Mary Chapin Carpenter - Come On, Come On
    Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have
    John Berry - When Love Dies
    Shakespear's Sister - Stay
    Big Star - 13
    Lynard Skynrd - Tuesday's Gone
    Zwan - What Have They Done To Me?
    Pete Townsend - Save It For Later

• ballistic
    ballistic

Could this be the next "vincent" thread I wonder?

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

D'oh!!!!! I almost forgot "One" by U2. Out of all the concerts I've ever been to (literaly hundreds) there have only been three that made me cry.

First time I saw U2 and they played One.
    Second time I saw U2 and they played One.
    Third time I saw U2 and they played One.

Each time by the end of the song I'd just be standing there crying my eyes out. There's just something about seeing a song that's meant so much over so long performed live right in front of you by the people who wrote and recorded it.

• not interested
    not interested

alot of the best sad songs have already been posted so i had to dig into my collection of classic country to find this one ..... a song called "teddy bear" bye Red sovine. That song always chokes me up a bit

now a question for any country fans out there...ive been thinking about a song that has to do with a couple geting divorced and the little boy asked his dad if he would have a fridgerator where he was going and gave his dad a tracing of his hand, incase he ever wanted to hold it,......somthing like that ....anyone know the name of that song?

oh just thought of another sad one i think its called "little girl" by John michale montgomery

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi NI,

oh just thought of another sad one i think its called "little girl" by John michale montgomery

I think the song is called.............Don't take the girl. If it's the one that starts out..........Johnnys daddy, was taking him fishing, he was eight years old. A little girl came through the front gate, holding a fising pole. His dad looked down and smiled, said we can't leave her behind............. \

Is that the one?

edited to say: I think I got it wrong. That song is by Tim Mcgraw.

Edited by - Lilacs on 25 November 2002 21:36:59

• kelpie
    kelpie

Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlise. It makes me cry because I know that my dad will not get to walk me down the isle and be near when I have my first child etc.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Holes in the floor of heaven is a sad song too.

Theres another one that I can't rememer the title of........It's about a man who is telling the story of his wife who when they were going to run off and elope. She writes him a note and tells him to wait for her. That she will be there when her chores are through.

Later on through the years, she dies and the husband starts to talk to her telling her he will meet her there when his chores are through.

I get chills just thinking of that song. ahhhhhhhh Amore.

Edited to add: COWBOY, I NEED YOU HELP HERE. LOL

Edited by - Lilacs on 25 November 2002 21:43:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit