Have you joined another religion?

by freedom96 48 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I don't think I will never join another organized religion.

That being said however, I have enjoyed going on occasion to non-denominational churches, watching the band play music, and the speaker.

If you did or would attend another church regularly, which one would you go to and why?

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

I will never join another religion ...but I was suckered into a cult that was disquised as a martial arts school.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Ruby- What happened with the martial arts school? I have been involved with the arts for a long time, and have not heard of anything like that.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Hi Freedom,

I've given this question a little thought, but have suspended any action for the time being because I'm pretty newly out. I figure I'll give myself at least a year's break before I even consider the topic of formal religion, then I will do lots of general study. I don't want to make the same mistake twice, so I want to investigate lots of religions from the perspective of their members and from what others have to say about them. I'm a little hesitant to get involved with any one denomination of anything, though.And because of my past experiences, I sometimes even wonder if there is/are a divine being/beings.Yet, because of other things that have happened, could believe that there is...well, suffice it to say, I'm pretty confused about the whole issue, but not really terrified.

The Universal Unitarian church mentioned on this board kind of sounds interesting to me, as does Wicca and Native American faiths. I would probably go to a Unitarian church just to check it out, but there are none in my area. However, I'm not sure if it's true faith or the comfort of ritual that draws me at this point.

• dsgal
    dsgal

No I would not join another religion but I have been to several functions at my uncle's Assembly of God church and they were very welcoming and friendly compared to the cold callousness of the witnesses.It didn't even seem to bother anyone that I wasn't a member.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I attended a little group for about a year. I liked the preacher as a person, we talked and I went with him to visit people in the hospital, and we had meals together at times. I went with my wife since she is a christain but it didn't give me any comfort or faith. I just feel that religion is just between me and whatever god there might be out there somewhere. If you like to be with people socially it might appeal to you but I don't think you will ever trust a religion again to provide a dream of future bliss.

Ken P.

• Salud
    Salud

HELL NO!!!

What would possess me????

• avishai
    avishai

I joined the universal life church, so I could do weddings. I've done tons, generally non-religious. I've even done a couple of x-jw weddings, one of which was pretty ugly as the xjw Bride had faded, not df'd, & half her family was df'd 7 so called apostate, the other half still in. Ironically, the only reason the mother came was that I was non religious, even though she knew I was raised jw. She had refused to even go to a wedding performed by a Justice of the Peace. What the hell?

• Buster
    Buster

Not in this life time.

As a matter of fact, I get a curdle in my stomach whenever I am near anything that remotely feels like a meeting. Ever been to a multi-level marketing pitch meeting? Shaklee or one of the others? I went to one without knowing until I got there - it felt like a damned Service Meeting. It scared the bejeeses outa me.

More recently I went to a professional group meeting, and the same thing!

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Yes. I am a member of a progressive Apostolic church. I love it, but I didn't lose my faith in the bible when I left JWs. I actually discovered what the bible really says once I left. The thing I really love about my church is that if the pastor says something that I don't biblically agree with, I can ask questions and disagree without being shunned. When I first left JWs I visited many churches before I found one that I liked.

For all the non-Christians on the board. Guess what? Jesus still loves you.

:) :) :) :)

I'm just messing with y'all! Don't attack me.

*jesussaves ducking from all of the stones and rotten vegetable being hurled in her direction*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit