jackass

by Adam 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Adam
    Adam

A local kid here recently lit himself on fire. People are already screaming that the jackass movie should be pulled from theaters. Those people sure PISS ME OFF!

1. I saw the movie, and I may be wrong but I don't remember anyone lighting themselves on fire

2. The movie shows Jonny Knocksville being concussed and bleeding from the head. It shows that there are negative consequenses.

3. There is a disclaimer before and after the movie telling people not to do the things in the movie.

4. Anyone stupid enough to pour gasoline on their shirt, put it on, and then light it on fire deserves to be removed from the gene pool for the betterment of the species.

5. It was the kid, not the jackass crew, that lit himself on fire. Blame the right person for this act of idiocy.

6. My girl and I didn't let her daughter watch the movie. Maybe someone should be pointing fingers at the parents of this kid who obviously isn't emotionaly mature enough to know the difference between movies and reality instead of blaming the movie.

I just want to say to all those nothing-better-to-do, self rightous, meddeling, anti-first ammendment, loudmouths that you didn't stop Married With Children, you didn't stop Beavis & Butthead, you didn't stop South Park and you ain't stopping jackass so SHUT UP!

Edited by - Adam on 15 November 2002 12:29:13

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

While I wouldn't allow my child to watch movies of that nature either, I'm sure he's still seen alot of things that I wouldn't approve of, so you cannot necessarily blame the parents. The media should imho be more responsible for some of their programming choices.

Actually, strike that, its we as all citizens that should take the blame - but not the child. The theatres only put out what we want to see - nothing less, nothing more.

Children do dumb things, they are curious and naive. I have seen children in the neighborhood pulling stupid stunts. Because of violence in movies, video games & the like, I truly believe they are desensitized to some extent. That coupled with their natural feeling of invincibility, disaster is bound to happen to some.

• Mary
    Mary

Maybe he was just trying to get out of going in Service Saturday morning.

• out4good3
    out4good3

With the extremes JW's will go through to get each other out in service, that's probably not far from the truth !!!

• Adam
    Adam

LOL Mary. He must REALY not have wanted to go. I just played sick when I wanted out.

Petty, I am absolutly opposed with the shcool of thinking that blames everybody for bad behavior except the person acting out the behavior. If a black man robs a store, it is not because there used to be slaves, it's because the man is bad. If someone becomes a prostitute, it's not because Howard Stern has strippers on his show. "it is we as all citizens that should take the blame" Well you go ahead, I'm not taking any blame whatsoever for someone else's stupidity or for another couple's bad parenting. This kid was in high school and should have known better.

Edited by - Adam on 15 November 2002 12:57:33

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

What, don't you and your friends dance on marbles while shooting yourselves with taser guns? Hmmmm maybe I need new friends...

• Bod
    Bod

People should be encouraged to do stupid things. This world is too namby-pamby safe, full of a bunch of whiners who are scared of everything.

I constantly get injured doing the things I enjoy and if the kid enjoys setting himself on fire then why prevent it?

Films have been full of self righteous heroes hurting 'bad' people ever since they were invented. Why can't films be full of people doing things that only hurt themselves.

No, forget it, stay on the couch eating lard buckets. That's a sure way to a happy life.

• benext
    benext

But they did stop Bevis & Butt-head. They had to stop saying lighting things and shouting "fire." All fire references were pulled from the show. Maybe if society wasn't so litigious people would put the blame where it belongs.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Quite obviously, a teenager that would do this is apparently still in need of very close adult supervision and definitely in need of a psych eval! He is obviously a few french fries short of a happy meal. My 6 year old comprehends that burns hurt! Good God! For the kid or the parents to blame a movie is ridiculous. I agree that the movies are released based on what people will watch and that there is no accounting for taste on occasion, but for the average person with half a braincell, they can recognize the difference between reality and a movie and are smart enough not to try it! I do not think a movie should be pulled because a few people are not smart enough to leave what they see where it belongs - as entertainment for a couple of hours and leave knowing that most people are not dumb enough to do what they did in the movie. But if someone is a moron, taking that one movie out of theaters isn't going to make it better. The responsibility belongs to individuals to make intelligent decisions.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

*throws herself off a jagged cliff while riding a sk8tboard in the nude*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit