Will They Abduct My Son!

by 68storm 19 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Not to be alarmist, but I have heard of it happening. prepare for every contingency.

• Eric
    Eric

Freeminds has some excellent material your lawyer should be up on.

http://www.freeminds.org/legal/legal.htm.

Eric

Edited by - Eric on 14 November 2002 13:55:32

• Mary
    Mary

Storm, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through........you ex sounds like a true JW - a real head case..........I don't think you have to worry too much about her trying to kidnap your son, although I would not rule it out completely. Remember, to her way of thinking, if her son stops going to the Hall, he'll die at Armageddon!! If she did try anything, remember, once she got caught, she'd be charged with kidnapping and would be doing some serious time in the Big House

Who has custody of your son? Is it joint custody? From what you've said, I think your son sounds as though he might not really like going to the Hall, especially if he's having it shoved down his throat.

I would definitely get a GOOD lawyer, tell him what your wife has been doing, and see what can be done.

As for paying her the $25,000, I'd talk to the lawyer too to see what he says. I think the average child support payment in Ontario is between $300 - $450/month. If you were overpaying her by $700 - $800/month (which I think you were), then this should cancel out any overpayment she might think she's entitled to. Depending on how much you make per year, $1,100 sounds like a hell of a lot of money for one kid. (Lemme guess: she doesn't work, is a reeeeal good Christian, and will screw you out of every penny you got, right?).

Good luck and please let us know what happens..........by the way, how ever did your ex get a scriptural divorce if she divorced you for religious reasons? I guess the good ol' boy's club can close their minds to that when it's nice and convenient eh?

Edited by - Mary on 14 November 2002 14:35:29

• alamb
  • breeze
    breeze

Storm...

I am not a lawyer so legal advice I don't have for you.

What I didn't hear, is what does your son feel? Is he caught up in the JW thing? Twelve is very young to make a decision about what to have for dinner much less decide on which religion is right for them?

I might try to get him to write out his feelings to you in a letter and mail it to you. If he writes it while in their care the courts might view that more strongly? If he is caught up in the witness scene, then you are screwed, at least until he is faced with dating or trying to be something other than their drone. If custody is what you are trying to accomplish, this would help in that direction, some judges will even take the side of the non JW, because of the troubles of the society today.

Our court system when it comes to kids is no better than the Canadian system. I have had two battles over my grandkids over the past several years. Currently I have adopted one of my grandsons to get him away from a bad situation. When it comes to kids the system seems to lose it's balance.

The best advice is to never let any legal system get to a point to have any control over your life, because it will not see the situation on an idividual basis and it will not be the best for you or the child?

I wish you the best, I know how you must feel, being apart with no interaction with you son. The money you will probably be stuck for if you press it further?

BREEZE

• Beans
    Beans

68Storm:

I think you are doing the right thing, giving you son a choice. I hope you keep one step ahead of the x`s lawyer and impress the court with your actions. I also believe that what the elders and PO and congregation people are doing can only help your cause! It seems your son will figure them out soon enough by what you have said, kids love freedom and you have shown him what life really is about and he will see this!

If he does get taken away, you can always get in touch with me and Quotes and we will help in any way! Were close to ya EH!!!!

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I am not sure what state you are in or what the laws are for your state, but this is my experience...

First off whether it is an actual abduction or "induction" it can very well happen. What I found out by my lawyer (in the state of AZ) if I were to take my daughters to the state of Hawaii I would have been better off. Extradition from Hawaii is too costly in most cases.

On the other hand, if you follow what I did........Nothing, you may find out that in the end you have the upper hand. I lost 2 of my 3 daughters in a cusotdy battle. Not because I was a male...I was female.

What happens to us females is that because of the borg we do not go out for work thus rendering us helpless in the money department. I lost my 3 beautiful girls because of this.

OK, so I lost my girls to "Satan". Here it is...12 years later. What has happened? Well, my eldest daughter is married to a man just like her father. I expect her to wake up at some point and get out. The other 2 have come to my side and decided that their life with "Satan" has hurt them more than helped them. Needless to say...they are out and never want to return.

My point? Either do things legally at this point to correct things or do the waiting game as I have done and wait for your child to make up his/her mind.

Either way, to force an issue, or to force the other extreme, is extremely detrimental to a child.

My .02 worth.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

What's with the choosing religions thing ?

He's twelve years old, and your convinced that it'll be his choice ?

Just keep everything cool as it is, remind him subtly that jwism is a nasty ridiculous joke, and too see it for what it is, and wait.

Soon he'll be old enough to choose homes, and to tell the PO where to get off all by himself.

paduan

• 68storm
    68storm

Thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate them. It is so difficult on your emotional well being, having to deal with the deranged minds of the witnesses. I am sorry if I offend former witnesses by this comment. It was not your fault. You were totally MIND CONTROLLED. I challenge anyone to argue this point. The only members that may not be mind controlled, are the ones that have an ulterior motive for being in.

The events of yesterday (Nov.14 th ) are totally mind blowing. (More on this later)

Angarad: Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Metatron: My son and I have had a number of conversations about this possibility. Remember, he was only six when she first left. I was quite concerned about the possibility.

I think you are right about them doing it now that he is 12. That was an emotional, shoot from the hip, reaction on my part. I guess it was the trauma of being suddenly served. I did not expect that.

Thankfully, my son was never certain about THE TRUTH, from a young age. I, very lovingly allowed him some space. He was afforded the opportunity to ask any questions about my faith (RC). This was in complete contrast to the witlesses. The witchpower loves to hate the Catholics but there is one large difference. We can approach our priest and freely say anything without penalties. I went to my parish priest when she first left. Being away from the Church for 25 years had absolutely no affect on him. He was very saddened by the separation and offered his help in reuniting us. Imagine that! He was told that my wife was a witness and he had no problem with helping. If in fact there exists a higher power, which scenario do you think would have his approval?

LB: I have tried to speak well of her. It is almost impossible sometimes, however, when it came to the CULT (sorry, but I refuse to call it a religion, it is an insult even to small sects like the Hari Keshnas.

Safef4kids: How are you my good friend? Long time no speak or see but it can happen even as we speak. I have Daniel with me today and we are heading to Daytona tomorrow morn.

Of course I have misplaced your phone number, if you see this, please e-mail me. I would really enjoy hooking up with you and the gang.

Thank you very much for your kind support. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!

Acsot: I live in Wopbridge (whoops! I mean Woodbridge) north of the big TO. At the monent crazy things have happened since my post. I have an attorney but it is very difficult for them to understand the NAZZI attitude of the witnesses.

Iwasyoungonce: I had originally stated to my ex that if she wanted my son to be a robot, she would have to have me killed! I dont think that she took me seriously. HER MISTAKE! I can be very focused when fighting for a just cause. The only thing that goes against me is my Latin blood. Very difficult at times keeping cool. I am constantly working on it without much success. How do you eliminate it when its in the blood?

Freedom96: I am sorry to hear of your situation. You guessed right, my son is against sitting in Bingo Halls for two hours being bored out of his mind. If he fidgets, he is promised the back room. He said to me that when I take him to Mass (Once or twice a year) he comes out feeling so good, but when he exits the Bingo Hall, he feels terrible. (From the mouths of babes! Says much)

My advantage being that he has so much loving, supportive siblings and extended family that are not in the CULT. I feel sorry for others that have to go through this when most of the relatives are witnesses.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Good true Christians they are NOT! I refuse to call them Christians! I feel as strongly about this as Alis opponent did. (I forget whom at the monent)

LB: I think that it is never too young to teach them that it is not a good idea to join a CULT. If it were anything else, I would agree with you. People are always thinking that this is a religion. IT IS NO SUCH THING! (Only my humble opinion)

Quotes: How are you doing bud? I missed all of the Apostafests this summer. Hope to see you soon. Grace told me that you guys are on a web site or something and announce the dates. Let me in on it.

Avishai: I also had heard of it thetas why I was panicking. I think that in cases where they did this, the child was younger. They also have been known to hide them with strangers (of course witlesses) Strange crowd indeed.

Eric: Thanks for the link. The most frustrating part is that here in Canada, they are such a minor CULT and it is impossible to find a lawyer that has even a clue as to their lifestyle. Some that I spoke to thought that I was nuts with some of the things that I told them. They are always perceived as very nice people that are a little fanatical. BULLSHIT!

Mary: We have joint custody. We both spent wads of money needlessly. She was determined to get sole custody. It was not going to happen! As far as the support payments the court may find me in default since I did not get a variance. I am meeting with a lawyer this afternoon. I will have a better idea then. She has been earning more than me for several years now but you know how the courts always view it. MAN BAD, WOMAN GOOD.(Very basic but most of the time true)

DazedAndConfused: I think that it is also detrimental to the child to have anything to do with the witnesses. No matter how you cut it! They leave having been damaged. They need years of therapy and still most do not fully recover. I have met so many ex witnesses and being on the outside you can easily see this damage. Some that I know have been out for years, were totally abused in the CULT and yet they are basically still witnesses with a bit of a twist. I am sick and tired of still arguing points such as: Trinity, Hellfire, Jehovahs name, putting him above your children, Halloween, Christmas (because of a wrong date) etc., etc.

A Paduan: I think that I addressed my feelings about making the choice at this age. He was almost vomiting everytime he went to a meeting. It is not a pleasant experience for normal people.

The PO told him that I do not know my Bible like they do since my son was showing him that scripture tells us all to take the bread. I have written to this asshole twice challenging him to a bible dual but so far he has refused. (piece of dogshit)

Respectfully 68storm

ps: Anyone from Daytona, Orlando area that would like to have a good Canadian brew with me? Post or e-mail info. WANING! If you normaly drink Bud or equivalent, you will not need as many to get a high!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Woohoo!! I'm doin' the happy dance I would love to see you and Daniel again; it's been too long. You've got mail.

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit