Is It Time to regroup?

by John Aquila 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

The GB does not need precedents for legal action and costly payouts but it also needs to nip this in the bud and prevent other countries grabbing them by the balls

Isn't this why they have this problem in the first place?

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Isn't this why they have this problem in the first place?

Yeah its the problem. The WT is so bloody slow in doing anything about it.

And so from the old dusty book comes some timely prophetic words:

And I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great host, all of them with buckler and shield, wielding swords.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I was thinking of this today ... they are probably preparing articles, maybe a small change of the doctrine and conclude that the tribulation is starting with an atack at the true religion ...

I hope this goes further and that their position as a charity org. is also questioned ...

They took the Name of the Lord in vain and they deceived a lot of people.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe they will call Bill Cosby and ask what to do.

Maybe they will talk about a handful of people claiming to be JW at the time they committed terrible offenses.

Whatever they do, I think they might find the "world" turning away from them as it did to Bill.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I live in a neighbouring country very closely connected to Australia. So far there has been nothing on this in the news, and my jw relatives are even less aware of what's going on. I'm guessing like the Lopez/Conti/UK cases Wt will bank on the R&F ignorance, and the publics short term memory.

• sir82
    sir82

I'm guessing like the Lopez/Conti/UK cases Wt will bank on the R&F ignorance, and the publics short term memory.

I'm virtually certain that is their "Plan A".

But I also think that at some point, a tipping point in the public consciousness will occur.

I think that tipping point was reached some time again with the Catholic church & its policies. Ask "the average man in the street" and he will easily connect "Catholic church" and "child abuse coverup". There are still hundreds of millions of Catholics, they are still influential & wealthy as an organization, but their reputation has taken an irreversible hit.

I think that with the RC investigation, the "tipping point" for JWs may come soon. Perhaps very soon. Who knows, there are still a couple weeks of testimony left, maybe it happens right now.

The Watchtower has neither the money nor the influence of the Catholic church. What happens when the tipping point comes? When the 1st thought to come to people's minds when thy hear "Jehovah' Witnesses" is "oh yeah, those are the guys who, believe it or not, have an even worse problem than the Catholics with pedophiles in their organization"?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Did the Catholic church have written asshole policies or simply some asshole practices? Did the church stand stubbornly declaring victims as liars and excommunicating those who made claims or who spoke about it or who questioned it?

I'm not sure how much the Vatican had policy or how much was corrupt to the policy that they had or if there was a policy at all.

Saying this as what is happening in congregations across the world is in obedience to the WTBTS directives. 1006 /1006. They were very very obedient.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    fastJehu:
    "The GB has only 1 chance - they have to apologize."
    They would simply give a phony apology claiming that there were a handful of bad elders who were responsible for the whole thing.
  • just fine
    just fine
    I think we can all play a part in spreading this news. I have brought it to the attention of two U.S. Senators from my state that I got the opportunity to speak with this week. I have also forwarded the story to local and national news organizations that aren't running the story to try to garner attention. I have a college friend who works for the AG's office in my state - I am going to send it to her too. It can't hurt. I am making sure I am respectful and calm so that I will be taken seriously and not as some nutcase.
  • Witchettygrub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit