independent thinking

by stephenw20 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TR
    TR

Hey pomegranate,

Welcome to the world of the thinking class! Looking forward to hearing your story if you want to tell it.

TR

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Thanks for the welcome TR!!

Story? More like stories...

They are the most defiled lot I think. My wife and I sometimes just
    sit and talk and wonder , HOW? How could we be so duped
    for so long?<scratching head>

Actually, I'm not one for "war" stories per say. I prefer not to think about it...I'm just moving forward. But it is hard when there are residuals (Fleshly brother a PO) etc.

Now, I am on my own truth hunt. I have come to the conclusion that ALL man made organized religions are NOT what God wants. We have to approach as individuals, the same way as those in the first century who had a glimmer of faith in Christ did. They went directly to Him. One on one. NO MIDDLE MAN, BULIDING, or ORGANIZATION.

Just because He is gone in the flesh doesn't mean we stop approaching him DIRECTLY right? Now the approach is spiritual. I'll refuse ANY mediator for Christ. That's what JW's are. They are the disgusting thing standing in a Holy Place (Second compartment in the tabernacle and temples). That Holy Place being the position of mediation between corrupt man and the Father, which is Christ's position alone.

well..sorry for filling you CRT...that's just me.

pomegranate.

PS. Anyone for some DEEP topics of God? I enjoy sharing my understandings with folks.

• cosmicmystic
    cosmicmystic

Dear Battman,

Enjoyed our quotations very much. I don't know if you're familiar with the Way as a historic phenomenon. Its not a religion but a Way of life. Its central core is that God lives as Love in the human heart. It has a rather wide literature that is intercultural and spans the centuries. Representatives of this Way include such writers as Eckhart, Boehme, Theresa, Catherine and many, many others. I suggest that anyone who has any genuine interest in "God as Love in the heart" do some research in the field of mysticism. You might enjoy this. But beware: some cults and some crack pot groups misuse and abuse the name "mysticism" and appropriate it for themselves. Your best bet is to stick with the traditional recognized historical mystics. May all be blessed,
    Love,

cosmicmystic

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

DONT THINK FOR YOURSELF, ITS DANGEROUS! LET THE WTS DO IT FOR YOU, AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.

• musky
    musky

This is a great post! Thank You.

Excellent responses by all too.

This is one thing that especially bothers me about the witnesses teachings. As posted, They clearly write, in there publications, that we should avoid independant thinking. This is one of those things that I can't see how the witnesses can reason, that this is O.K. . Common sense tells all of us that we should STRIVE to be independant thinkers. There are times when I think about going back to the hall. But when I think about the admonishment to avoid independant thinking, I am reminded why I am not going anymore.

Please, for those witness posters, can you explain how you can agree with the watchtower on this one?

• Anitar
    Anitar

Those who refuse to partipicate in their government, end up being governed by their inferiors.

• Cautious Dove
    Cautious Dove

The only alternatives to independant thinking are 1) dependant thinking or 2) not thinking

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    1) dependant thinking or 2) not thinking

Great observation, but it is clear that WTS wants #1,

and they want everyone dependent on them to do the thinking for you.

• sheila wright
    sheila wright

They should get robots instead of people cause the people are going crazy trying to live up to there thinking.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Would the WTS have condemned the Bereans?

Of course the difference today is that now Jesus has chosen the F&DS to dispense the proper food. We have no need to question the channel he has chosen. [Satire]

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit