Most Fun Wearing Rubber

by LB 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

Why aren't you a scuba diver? It's a user friendly sport that nearly anyone can do. I've helped instruct a blind man and a woman that was over 100 pounds overweight. I've also helped a one legged man. It's just too much fun for words.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

LB are you saying that a woman was 100 pounds overweight that you instructed or that you helped her lose 100 pounds sucba diving? Please clarify. This Orangefatcat is interested.

Thanks.

Edited by - orangefatcat on 10 November 2002 21:17:1

• Jade
    Jade

I'm thinking about taking lessons but my son wants to go too. He's thirteen.....do you think he could handle it or should I wait until he's older.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've always wanted to do that, but am a little apprehensive in that what if I was 30 feet down and I get a little water in my mask .... then in my lungs..... just the tought makes me a little panicky.... although I do have friends who dive near Catalina all the time. Looks fun...but....???? (I do flly small planes, so I'm not a total chicken...)

• LB
    LB

NO, she was 100 pounds overweight. I haven't seen her around for a couple of years now.

Yes a 13 year old can scuba. Most agencys will certify at age 12. Ask your local shop for a demonstration test dive. Most shops will do an intro for free.

• gumby
    gumby

I've helped instruct a blind man and a woman that was over 100 pounds overweight.

Orangecat doesn't get it. They were overweight with a COMBINED total of 100 pounds. She was probably 95 pounds overweight and he was 5 pounds over, and LB taught them at the same time....the blind guy watched the whole thing and learned himself!

Hope this clears things up for the orangecat.

Seriously LB, I like snorkling and I am sure I would love the sport.

• Jade
    Jade

LB,

I've been thinking about taking lessons, and my son wants to also. He's thirteen. Is that too young or do you think he can handle it.

• LB
    LB

Double you'll get water in your mask every dive. Part of the classes is teaching you how to clear water from the mask. In fact you'll end up being comfortable taking your mask off underwater and replacing it and clearing out the water. It's much easier than you think.

• musky
    musky

Double Edge, I received a pilots liscense too. It was hard. It took a lot of study. I am a slow learner. But it was also very fun, and the accomplishment of getting the liscense. I haven't flown for some years now though.

LB, Glad you can do something that you enjoy so much. Rock on!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

LB, did you see that Seinfeld episode where Jerry goes scubba diving and the blood vessels in his eyes pop? He's got two black eyes. What causes that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit