How Did You Handle Spiritual Snobs?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

lol jack don't encourage me

How did I handle them? I quit allowing them to have to power to hurt me and I walked away from the trough they feed at.

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Core. So you were a PO. That's why you could get away with bringing down a spiritual snob and then have them thank you. Are you presently involved or are you totally out?

• Mary
    Mary

You throw tomatoes and/or rotten eggs at their cars late at night..........childish? Yep, but it'll make you feel alot better

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

Quoted Manson: "...I wasn't BORN with enough middle fingers!" ....tehe j/k ~FS

• core
    core

Minimus

Yes I am now out but dealing with the SNOBS was not easier by being PO. You have to understand that most SNOBs or their wives covet the position ( I dont know why!) as they mistake the position of service as a position of authority. Most SNOBS I knew worked hard to undermine me at every turn as they wanted those 'in the centre' to be in a spiritual clique of superiority which I could not agree with. Elders are in place to look after the brothers - SNOBS view the brothers as a herd, not a flock, over which they can show their authority, real or imagined, by word and deed.

When you have to put a SNOB in place you need to hit the nerve which reaches the brain - their authority, standing etc - SNOBS hate having complaints made to COs about them - it hits right at the centre of the clique mentality.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I think I was one of the snobs. So I reacted to myself with much phony love.

My thought

Dragon

• minimus
    minimus

Snobs view the brothers as a herd, not a flock....Alot of elders and other "mature" ones think that they are doing a service to the herd by constantly berating them or punishing......Don't you just love a self-absorbed snob? Dragon, I loved that comment, "So I reacted to myself with much phony love". That's a classic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit