Ex-JW get-together...

by teejay 17 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

If there was a get-together ("gathering" for the old-timers) of all the ex-dubs you've met here and elsewhere online, who stands out as someone you'd you want to talk to?

Would there be any you'd absolutely avoid?

• TR
    TR

Hi teejay,

There are many I'd like to meet, including you. To me, the obvious are some that have contributed to XJW causes for many years, like Farkel, Alan, Amazing, Maximus, JT, Dung, Gedanken, Focus and even You Know. I'd love to pick their brains for hours, maybe even days. I tried and tried to warm up to Fred, but he just enjoyed being a dick, so I'll cross him off the list.

There ARE a few I'd not like to meet, but I won't name them.

TR

Edited by - TR on 9 November 2002 19:57:27

• Prisca
    Prisca

In no particular order....

Minimus

Teejay

Larc & ZazuWitts

Simon & Angharad

Mulan & Princess

Kismet

SevenofNine

Pathofthorns

Waiting

Englishman

LDH

Cassiline

DakotaRed

plmkrzy

Cowboy

LB

Gumby

That's all I can think of for now....

• teejay
    teejay

Here's my list (in alphabetical order) of people I'd want to meet.

AlanF, AGuest, Amazing, Beck, Bigboi, Billygoat, Cassiline, COMF, DannyBear, Dave, Detective, DungBeetle, Englishman, Farkel, Frank ("Francois"), Gilgamesh, Heaven, Hmmm, JT, Larc, Laura, LB, LDH, OUTLAW, Perry, Plum, Prisca, Refiners Fire, Robdar, Saint Satan, Simon, Six, TMS, TR, VioletAnai, Waiting, Xena, and Zazu.

People I'd be comfortable eyeing warily from across the room, always making sure they were in my view:

Focus, The Wiz.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

TJ,

Well brother TJ, we will all meet soon in the 'new system of things'.......where we can join Farkel, Dave, Alan, and other faithful men of old, living in Beth Share'em Mansion on the shores of LaJolla next to the Del Mar Race Track.

Just imagine the joy and big bucks we will enjoy, pooling our winning's........the only down side is trying to get Dave to pony up his share of the next wager.

Danny

Ps It's the only 'race card' I ever want to play.

• minimus
    minimus

Where's HILLARY STEP? and besides enjoying a meeting with EVERYONE that posts on this board, it would be interesting to be able to meet up with Ray Franz and all the others that left Bethel during the great purges over the last few decades.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Minimus,

Hillary Step has left this site. HS is an old fashioned gentleman who despises hysteria and bad manners. In his last couple of weeks here he got plenty of both, so he went.

Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

EMAN, that's a shame. I thought he might stay on after he posted a couple of weeks ago. There's NO REASON to drive good people like Hillary or Maximus off this site. It's true that you need a thick skin to be here. But people should appreciate their wisdom and experience. They had so much class.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Old-timers? Ex-dubs? Hmmm. I'd like to see Rutherford, Knorr, Suiter, Klein, etc., just to see how red their faces can get.

• LB
    LB

I've met plenty up at Princess's home and enjoyed them all. I'd love to meet the Texas and more of the florida congregations though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit