Ex-JW get-together...

by teejay 17 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Danny,

If I told you once I told you a thousand times,.........I'm good for it, trust me!

Teejay,

There are a few Dave's on this board but if you were referring to me as the Dave you would like to meet the feeling is absolutely mutual. I would love to meet me too someday .

All kidding aside, my respect for you has grown tremendously and I can only say I don't think in the beginning I was so wrong about anyone on this board as I was about you. I would love to meet you someday. We could get together and beat up Danny Bear.

Dave

• Matty
    Matty

The problem is quite a lot of the people I really love here are not too keen on each other and so my ideal apostafest would probably end up in a big punch-up!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Dave,

Good for it.........for what is the question?

Ain't life grand? I really believe that most of the bickering that goes on around here, would never happen in real one on one situations. So I would be happy to entertain you and TJ......but first you both must consume at least a bottle or two of my home brew. Being a little 'punch' drunk tends to even up the odds for us older types........I don't wear glasses (unless reading) so I don't have a ready 'don't hit me because'.........

BearCowardly

Ya'all come ya hear!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Frank,

You think maybe those guys would really have red faces about the mess thier beloved organization finds itself in today?

Nathan would be busy everyday berating some lame brain lawyer, or pr guy for making the org look bad. His stufft shirt wouldn't be so stufft anymore. The judge would have probably popped his cork, and been hauled off to jail, to conjure up another 'we will fight em till hell freezes over'........

Danny

• teejay
    teejay
    Teejay, There are a few Dave's on this board but if you were referring to me as the Dave you would like to meet the feeling is absolutely mutual.

Yes... I meant you Dave (seven006 -- couldn't quite remember your screen name).

The pouch where I keep my grudges has many holes....

• COMF
    COMF

Sheesh, I'd like to meet everybody! I'm afraid if I compile a list there'll be somebody I should have put on it and didn't.

Okay, well, I'd like to get together with the guys my age and up... LB, Ken (Undecided), DakotaRed, Animal, and so on... just to sit around for an afternoon acting like old geezers talking about the good ol' days.

I'd like to meet all the ladies my age, too... but it wouldn't be to talk about the good old days...

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

DannyBear,

Probably you're right. I had in mind their present experience might have taught them something like what the rich man learned when he saw Lazarus in Abraham's bosom and himself in flames. I'm not trying to be a theologian here. I just tho't that if they came back after their rude awakening, having found themselves not where they thought they were going to be, they could be a source of no small amount of hilarity. I can hardly keep from laughing just thinking about it.

Frank

• Mulan
    Mulan

I've already met many here, but I would LOVE to meet:

Ozzie and his Mrs.

Prisca

scootergirl

wasasister (we've talked on the phone and emailed though)

Billygoat

COMF

DannyBear

Englisman

Simon and Angaharad

Probably more, but those are the ones that stand out for me.

Edited by - mulan on 10 November 2002 17:26:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit