What am I feeling for her?

by Kingpawn 29 Replies latest social relationships

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Dantheman,

The more I got to know this sister however, the more I could see that she was just the type of woman who would slavishly submit to an abusive man. She had some very deep issues that needed dealing with.

What are these signs? I could see low self-esteem and maybe a lack of self-confidence, but what else?

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

She's married? Now you know better.....that's a no no!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Maybe its gas...???

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Hey, what does your inner voice tell you to do? If it is to express your friend ship or more to her, go for it, you have nothing to loose!

Take her out to her favorite watering hole, you can just order sparkling water. The moment is here, seize the day!

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Kingpawn,

Stay away from her. Accept the situation as it is. There are just too many risks to take. 

Married
    		work for the same company
    		She is in un abusive relationship - low self-esteem

;easily manipulated

All it takes is for her to accuse you of sexual harassment to complicate/ruin your life
  • Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Well, reality is quieting the feelings I once had. I've found out that she's a regular at that bar near her house every Friday and Saturday nights.

The reason that bothers me is that in the infomeeting I mentioned earlier, signs of growing chemical dependency included being more "rigid" about drinking. IOW, the drinker begins to set rules for themselves, like if it takes six hours to sober up, then stop drinking six hours before you have to be somewhere important.

In her case it sounds like she's getting a week's restraint made up for on the two nights where she doesn't have to go in to work a few hours later. Maybe she drinks to dull the pain of her husband's insults. Maybe she's religious (or was) and sees her son's illness as a judgment on her past conduct. Maybe she drank while carrying him and fetal alcohol syndrome led to his MD, so that's why she drinks. I dunno.

Apparently her husband/whatever he is was the one sending her the flowers earlier this year.

Maybe those who said it was a crush were right. The feelings are nowhere near as strong as they were. To be honest, she looks cute in the lab coat and hard hat...without it, she's average, somewhere around a five or so on a ten point scale.

As far as harassment...if looks, waves, and a bit of banter years ago don't come under the "light flirting" the Supreme Court accepts than no one is safe. I'm not worried about it greatly, but I do watch my step.

Ah well....

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

KINGPAWN,

Are you married too????

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Sloan, yes. The whole story's in the post that started this thread, at least as it was then.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Kingpawn,

I read the other thread so I could learn more about you. How are you doing with the decision of whether you are bisexual or heterosexual?

I only ask before I am able to give you any advise on your present situation.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Sloan,

How are you doing with the decision of whether you are bisexual or heterosexual?

I don't see it as a "decision." I can only say one night I woke up with strong het feelings that haven't gone away. It's as radical a change as if there was (were? Is there an English teacher in the house?) another person living inside of me.

Another change--well, this was happening before the change in thinking--is a growing apathy with politics and issues again. Maybe it's a feeling that Bush and Co. are unstoppable. Or the same feelings about the Borg.

Crazy--do they sell something over the counter for that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit