8-Mile

by Scarlet 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

This movie was great. Eminem did a excellent job. He is a really good actor. The only problem was he only took his shirt off 3 times during the movie and you saw his ass once. I wanted more. He is just sooooooooo HOT! I would definetly recommend this movie as a must see for all those who like Rap music.

• Mac
    Mac

Almost had me going to see it, but then you mentioned rap!

mac

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

This is onacruse, posting under bikerchic's account until I get back online.

mwuuuuuuuahahahahaha

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Did anyone one else see this movie? What did you think of it?

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

good rapper, not hot, but a good rapper indeed. never seen the movie so i'm not sure of his acting skillz.

• LB
    LB

OK, that does it. I'm not going. No way do I want to see his ass.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Another example of feeble minded people being gullible enough to go spend their hard-earned cash on a cheap film made with a rapper whose only reason he is able to get into a movie is due to the fact he has an already established fan base who will blindly follow them to any genre. Some of these kids would pay money to watch Eminem take a shit.

I mean really? How many rappers are crossing over into film.. with NO experience whatsoever.. and only getting there because they are rappers?

Let's look at some rappers who have tried out film.

Nas who performed in Belly. One of the worst acting jobs ever in the history of cinema.

DMX in Exit Wounds. PATHETIC.

Now the pasty white boy Eminem in 8-Mile. Boy Kim Basinger must really be hard up for money due to her nasty divorce from Alec Baldwin to lower herself to this filth.

Don't get me wrong. I think Eminem is an amazing rap artist. I have his CD's, and I LOVE his music. But I do not endorse him crossing over into acting. Greedy bastards. Anyone remember Shaq crossing over into Kazaam? Crossing over genres sickens me. Maybe Al Pacino should rap or play basketball?

Just my 2c vent for the evening.

• outnfree
    outnfree

LB,

It's a very nice ass and not on the screen long enough .

Scarlet,

I saw the movie and LOVED it! So did my 40-something friend Jann (we have to be the coolest moms around - LOL)! We laughed, yelled and rooted for Rabbit! We live in the Detroit area, so it was especially fun for us. Reviewers here are giving it 4 stars, too, because it tells the story of personal triumph in the face of adversity. One, who is usually the artsy-movie lover type, compared 8 Mile to Rocky in how the audience gets involved rooting for the underdog.

It was a blast! PLUS, spending 2 hours gazing at Eminem's baby blues is not a bad way to spend an evening. We stayed till the end of the credits to hear all of the music, too...

out

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Reborn first off I generally like very artsy movies and my husband who generally dislikes rap music loved this movie also. It is a excellent movie. Eminem proved he has the talent to be a good actor. You should see the movie before you assume what it is like.

Outnfree I would have to say you are the coolest Mom around.

Edited by - Scarlet on 11 November 2002 0:21:4

• DIM
    DIM

you don't need to be a huge fan of rap music to enjoy this movie.....almost had a "rocky" feel to it......amazing movie. My wife and I loved it. Eminem is easily the best music star turned actor. By the way, he was amazing and easily the highlight of "Carwash" a movie from last year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit