"Report it to the elders if you hear anyone in the congregation talking bad about the GB"

by hardtobeme 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Last night and elder gave the Bible highlights at the congregation. He talked about apostasy. And among other things he said: "Report to the elders if you hear anyone in the congregation talking bad about the Governing body".

Do elders in the USA know already what is going on in Australia?

• whathappened
    whathappened
    I have been out for 4 years and can't say about current JWs, but we exJWs know and are loving it!
  • Splash
    Splash
    I wonder if they will need two witnesses.
  • out4good4
    out4good4

I blasted the GB for in essence pimping out JW women only to brothers with privileges in the congregation while with my wife at a local regional convention last week.

Apparently, I was getting animated so much so that she was "moved" to calm me down an deescalate my tone.

I guess I was beginning to embarrass her.

She has decided to conclude her attendance at another regional this week.

I'm not at all concerned if she decides to report me to the elders in the congregation. I wouldn't have a problem with finding the time to wash away the skid marks from kicking all their asses to the curb if they even think they can exercise any authority over me.

• humblepotato
    humblepotato

I doubt very much that they know what is going on in Australia. Unless they are lurkers here or watch the news. (Most Elders won't watch if JW's are getting slammed.)

But there was a Watchtower Highlights comment from 05' about apostasy in this weeks Bible reading. He probably just saw it and ran with it. You can do Bible highlights without ever reading the assigned portion of scripture! LOL

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

It's comments like that which will help wake people up.

All this attention and glory and praise to the sons of mortal men....

Isnt it a bit much?

Wouldn't they begin to wonder if so much attention and glory given to mere men is really acceptable?

I can already hear the JW thinking: Yes, granted the GB are "gifts in men" and thus appointed by Jehovah and are spirit-appointed & directed .... but, they are also imperfect.... So they may make mistakes, yet we are supposed to listen to them anyway because they are led by God's spirit (somehow, it is all very mysterious) and not talk bad about them, because they are our leaders, yet we are not supposed to have leaders, Christ is our leader, yet they are the only ones who can explain Christ's words to us... They have extra secret special spiritual knowledge... Yet they are not infallible... but we are not supposed to speak against them... They may make mistakes but we not to talk about their mistakes, it is all only "eagerness" .... Also, we and they are not supposed to elevate ourselves.... We (and they) are to be humble... Yet there they are, on TV every month & on giant screens at our conventions & assemblies (and KH's soon?) ... Can't talk bad against them,or murmur or complain because then we are complaining against Jehovah, because he has chosen these men.... Yet Jehovah also had bad leaders and kings in the past....

Ugh, I can feel the pain, the churning, the mental dissonance....

But this is good, this can start the beginning of the awakening....

And when they combine that with the exhausting treadmill of boring, gloom and doom meetings and field service and study and busy work, when the rank & file start reading stuff like the entire chapter of Matthew 23 (Jesus' condemnation of the Pharisees), and the entire book of Galatians and hear the CONTINUOUS accusations made against the organization about child abuse and child sexual abuse and cover-ups and families being torn apart, they will hopefully begin to Question and WAKE UP!

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Lets hope someone in the congregation answers: "We need to dismiss the apostate lies about the child molestation cover-ups in Australia" after reading this article:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20151015/true-because-it-is-on-internet/

And all the publishers think: " what cover-up?" and googles it :)

• Splash
    Splash

Jesus exposed the false teachers in the first century.

Looks like he's doing the same in the twenty first century.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    The more things like that get said from the platform the crazier they sound to newly interested ones. Even some (probably not many) long time dubs might feel uncomfortable with rhetoric like that.
  • just fine
    just fine
    I think it has more to do with the tight pants, colored socks, spanx rant. Even the die hard witnesses thought that was silly. But no one is allowed to say it.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit