The Bible - inerrant word of God?

by Mr Bean 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RWC
    RWC

On the contrary. I think woman are strong morally and emotionally and can be the backbone of a family and ultimately a culture. They should be shown the upmost respect and dignity. I also believe that the Bible taken as a whole supports that belief.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

RWC, I appreciate your opinions, I really do. However, I strongy suggest that you go back and read your Bible and keep an open mind because while there are indeed instances in the scriptures where women by treated with respect, the Bible taken as a hole treats women like lame-brained second class citizens.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

RWC,

1Peter 3:7- Husbands in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner(meaning physically weaker) as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life

Thanks for that authoratative commentary. Clears that one right up!

Six- Bible thumper class

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

RWC,

1Peter 3:7- Husbands in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner(meaning physically weaker) as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life

Thanks for that authoratative commentary. Clears that one right up!

Six- Bible thumper class

• Mr Bean
    Mr Bean

Jim.

Your love for Jesus and His love laws is very well know to many of us.

It appears that you have some wild appetite for some spiritual refreshment.

Try links below:

First is to one of the biggest authorities in afterlife phenomena.

http://www.victorzammit.com/

Second I the link to writing of Silver Birch. Taken from Zammits page.

http://www.nucleus.com/%7Egateway/silverb/introsb.html

In my humble opinion Silver Birch goes much further than the Bible.

And his teachings are complementary to Gospels.

Peace

• JT
    JT

Even though your comments as regards other religious works seems to be magnanimous, you do not address the issue of inspiration.

How can Christian's assert that thier 'Bible' is any more inspired than the rest of the body of 'holy scriptures' considered also to be provided by the hand of God?

##########

i caught that as well, how nicely he sidestepped the issue of other folks "holy Book"

he praised thier books but stopped short of saying they are on the same plane as the bible- and the problem is when they compare thier book to the bible they do the same thing many times

but that is what culture is all about , if he was born and raised in Iran he would be praising the koran, since he was born in "Cleveland" he praises the bible

• JT
    JT

Nice convenient way to explain away stuff that gets you in a hole? Let's make God appear to be inconsistent and have 2 sets of rules rather than make him accountable for the ridiculous things written about him in the old testament!!!

######

excellent point - consider this-- If jesus is God and god wrote the whole bible, then jesus is responisble for the OT as well as the NT

believers are forced due to the goofy stuff in the OT to try and paint a picture that a different god was responsible for the OT and some new god wrote the NT

you got to love the mental gymnastics that the bible requires of it's followers

,i love the way believers try to

• JT
    JT

RWC says:

They are punished just like men for their wrongdoing

###########################

Well here are the divine instructions on how a man can ck to see if his wife has been giving away "Coochie"

"The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.
    He shall have the woman drink the bitter water that brings a curse, and this water will enter her and cause bitter suffering. The priest is to take from her hands the grain offering for jealousy, wave it before the LORD and bring it to the altar. The priest is then to take a handful of the grain offering as a memorial offering and burn it on the altar; after that, he is to have the woman drink the water.
    If she has defiled herself and been unfaithful to her husband, then when she is made to drink the water that brings a curse, it will go into her and cause bitter suffering; her abdomen will swell and her thigh waste away, and she will become accursed among her people. If, however, the woman has not defiled herself and is free from impurity, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children.
    This, then, is the law of jealousy when a woman goes astray and defiles herself while married to her husband, or when feelings of jealousy come over a man because he suspects his wife. The priest is to have her stand before the LORD and is to apply this entire law to her. The husband will be innocent of any wrongdoing, but the woman will bear the consequences of her sin."

It has often been said that historically men have cheated more than thier wives with 7 kids have-

so could you kindly show me the Divine Test that a woman with 7 kids could have done on her husband who is always traveling and gone away from home , just to make sure he has not been banging "Boots' with some little sweet thing in the next city over

please provide where in the bible that EQUAL TEST IS

• JT
    JT

RWC, therein lies the dilemna. The Bible will say whatever it is we want it to say

$$$$$$$$

EXCELLENT POINT - you posted a ton of scriptures dogging women and then like he said he could post a ton praising women, didn't the bible say something about sweet water and bitter water can;t come from the same spring

-- it is almost as if 2 different folks were writing the bible,

it is this type of Inconsistent THING that should cause one to take a step back and ask why -- ALL THE DOUBLE TALK

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

JT,

Let's see if RWC can explain away this ridiculous, almost satanic ritual of drinking some unknown potion, like he did with 'women the weaker sex'.

Bible supporter's can't dig fast enough to stay 'out of the hole' that 'donkey' so aptly suggested.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit