Please! I need some input.

by 68storm 12 Replies latest jw friends

• 68storm
    68storm

I would appreciate some input from the boards most revered jw scholars. I am not certain why I feel compelled to have some questions answered by the Kremlin (read wts.) Maybe that I need final closure in order that I may move on, or I am seeking a little revenge.

First off, a little background on my situation. I will post it in short form or it will require many pages.

1. 1972, married a faded away jw girl.
    2. 1996. She left the marriage, just before our 25 th anniversary.
    3. No biblical reason for leaving for all Christians except jws. (spiritual endangerment) Where do they come up with these beauties?
    4. She left by claiming that we would try and resolve our differences in Florida. She always left with our young son before the rest of us. This particular year was to be no different. What a terrible shock to me and our other children, when we arrived (after a usual 24 hour marathon drive) to find an empty home. To be fair to her, she did leave all of us minute notes stating that she was ending the marriage.
    5. Upon my return, I desperately tried to reconcile. Would not hear of it. She must get away from her enemies. When asked who the enemies were, she stated that it was the boys and I.
    6. Totally frustrated, I compiled a three page letter and sent it to Canadian Bethel. The LOVING friends there denied that they received it. Sent it again by registered mail. Letter basically asking how they could stand by and allow a divorce, when adultery was not involved. Finally got response (after 3 months) stating that this was a personal matter, therefore the wts does not get involved. Believe this and I have thousands of acres of swamp land to sell you.
    7. Since her engagement to this loving brother, I have composed a letter to the po of her congregation. I also ccd the wts in Canada. After waiting two weeks for a response, I called the po at home to make sure that he did receive my letter. He profusely thanked me for the letter. I had asked him to arrange for someone to call me so we can discuss some of my concerns. He said that they are investigating and if they need my input, they would be in touch. (Read, fuck you, you useless piece of shit, dont hold your breath.)
    8. This particular brother has been divorced for about 20 years now. He would always visit my wife alone during the day, while we were married. I dont think that anything improper was going on, but he must have felt guilty. When I dropped in, during lunch, he stated that it is improper for him to be there. Until this point, I did not object too much to my wife, but because of his comment, I asked her not to allow him to visit any longer unless I was present. She claimed to have done this.

So here is my question to the powers to be: How can you justify allowing the marriage, when clearly, she is not free to remarry according to your rules. They have also been seeing each other for awhile now, unchaperoned (again their stupid rules) without a problem.

How far do you all think that I should take this? I have been speaking to a board member about this and he seems to be sure that they take this sort of thing seriously. He was almost certain that they would come around to see me. I have heard from a reliable source that she was taken behind closed doors and interrogated. She has already chosen the wedding party; therefore they must have believed her bullshit.

Do I drop it and save myself a lot of aggravation or do I cause them some grief?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

68storm

• COMF
    COMF
    Do I drop it and save myself a lot of aggravation or do I cause them some grief?

I think the only grief you would be causing is your own. Time to cut your losses and let it go. Salvage your own life. The woman doesn't want you, and you can't change that, even if it were possible to force her to physically return.

Your description is brief and facts are sparse, so it's hard to get a clear picture, but the fact that she considers "the boys" to be enemies strongly suggests some mental/emotional problems. Why not get a fresh start? Do some work on yourself to deal with the emotional baggage, get some counseling, and then, if you still want a committed relationship, seek out somebody whose head is on straight.

• LB
    LB

The elders might think she is free to remarry. She may have convinced them that YOU are the one that's cheated in the marriage. Being a "worldly" guy you aren't under their rules so it's easy enough to convince the elders of that. Maybe a couple of her JW friends testified that you are a cheater, that's all it would take.

What is my suggestion? Get on with your life. Do your best to put it behind you. She's moved on, you need to also. All you're looking for is revenge. Be better than that.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Cut your losses and move on. With JW's there is no winning this.

Edited by - Jesika on 6 November 2002 12:2:8

• avishai
    avishai

Also, get custody of your youngest if possible, as soon as possible. Use alienation of affection as the charge, since jw's think anyone not them is following satan, & she WILL tell your son this

• metatron
    metatron

Don't waste any time or heartache trying to get revenge or attempting to
    punish the people who have hurt you. It's futile.

The only purpose of life is happiness. Take it slow for awhile and chill out.
    Do what you can to maintain a relationship with your child based on love -
    not contentions with your ex.

good luck

metatron

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((68Storm))

I'd have to agree w/the other posts here - although I'm sure its one of the most painful things you'll have to do - 25 years is a long time.

In the end, you may find that it will relieve you of many "burdens" you carried respecting this woman and her religion. Your children may also find peace in this. Hopefully, it will work out as much in this life does - for the best.

• scumrat
    scumrat

As hard as it may seem, I would cut your losses and move on. The aggravation can be so upsetting that it could take years to get over.

• butalbee
    butalbee

My god, I am soooo sorry for you. How demented is this cult? I could never imagine myself ever ever again being involved in any way or form with a jw. They're belief's, er ill-logic makes me sick to my stomach. Definitely, try to get custody of your children, forget the woman, she's beyond help.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Storm,

Cut bait and row for shore. This should be dropped like the bad habit that it is. You said it best when you (or I read into your) read in that the Jehovah Witnesses do not give a "shit" about you. Nor do they care about someone like me or the happiness of your or my kids. It was put best to me about the df'ed in my life...("The goal here is to "hurt" B. To cause her pain. If she wants the pain to stop then she will come back. If she will not come back then the pain will continue. We would not have to hurt her if she would just come back. You see jay, you are to stupid to see that.")

Storm I knew that in my heart. But to hear that from her father's mouth. These people And I Do Mean The JEhovah WItNesses they are evil evil evil. They plan and intend to cause pain to those that leave. They intend to hurt people all around them and they are very good at it. They are poision to love. They create hate and apathy were if they were dead or gone it would not be there. Again Jehovah Witnesses are evil, all of them. Is that a prejudice attitude. YEP! It is. But it is also true. They are a clusters off of a bad tree. They poision those that taste of it. "If you taste one grape of a cluster and it is no matter how many more you taste not one will ever taste like beef steak"-(jerry spense)

To clear up my attitude I mean as they are. When they are free of the mind control they are not the same person. But, as a JW they are dangerous!

Storm if you fight them what are you fighting for? Revenge? Hate? Apathy? That is like fighting a big white whale.

They have taken enough of my time. As "Dragon" said in a post "Life is to short; to hate it takes up to much energy."

But, if you really want to fight them here is what I do. Love. Help people with hope for, and the actions of, and the intent of, wishing the best of, and for them. That is it. And I don't mean to go out of your way to show that you are kind to JW's screw them. I mean to everyone. Being kind to a JW more than the norm to show them that you are not the satan worshipper that they claim is a waste of time. THey Don't Care! It is like feeding a stray dog. It will keep comming as long as you do and before to long it is shitting in your yard.

Wow that is good to get off my chest.

Jay

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit