Please! I need some input.

by 68storm 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Buster
    Buster

Thats quite a spot you got yourself in. If it was just the three of you, you, her, and the WTS. The solution would be simpler and less painful. But it isn't. First, you won't get anywhere with those Canadian WTS leaders. Forget that completely.

She took the youngest? Sounds like her claims that you and the other boys are the enemy may put her in a darker shade, at least as far as a court may be concerned.

For the boys that are of a reasonable age, they'll need to understand tat their mother is sick and under control of a cult -and may not be retrievable.

Sorry to hear it, and good luck

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Storm,

There is something very healing in simply "letting go". There are some things in life we can change, and other things we can't. I think you already know what those things are. We usually do, but just don't want to face it. You have your whole life ahead of you, and I don't mean to sound like a pollyanna, but "tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life".

It's up to you what you do with it. Change is difficult and painful, but change brings many new opportunities.

• 68storm
    68storm

Hi all,

Thank you all for your replies. I am sorry that I did not respond to any of them. I had to go out of town immediately after I posted.

I guess that I already knew the answers to my questions. I just needed confirmation. I recall when this first happened, I was put in contact with Dwane Magnani. He has testified in many cases involving child custody. I personally met with Dwane to dicuss our strategy. I found him to be very knowledgeable about the damage caused by witness lifestyle. It is extremely difficult to relay this message to your lawyer. The first lawyer that I hired was very pro witness only because of the fact that at one time he had a jw secretary. He thought that I was a little deranged given my attitude toward the witnesses. She was so kind and one of the best employees that he had.

It took Dwane Magnani 10 years in order for him to get his own mother out of the cult. Like I said, here is a man that had more info than Jehovah himself, about the witnesses and it still took him that long. How can a regular person succeed?

My ex finally had a meeting with our three adult children. They were not even aware that she was dating. She suddenly sprang the engagement on them and was vicious because they did not immediately hug her and give her their blessing. At this meeting, she read aloud a three page letter, that basically stated that she did not need their approval and she does not care if they ever speak to her again. She did not allow any discussion. No questions, querries, concerns, only that they desparately needed psychiatric treatment and for them to call her when they were finished with treatment.

Last week, my oldest son (married with a two year old boy) did take her advice. He had a one hour session with a shrink. About halfway through it, she was ready to call children's aide to have the 12 year old removed from her home. My son calmed her down, thinking that this would not be in best interest of his little brother, nor myself.

She was clever enough not to leave a copy of that wonderfull letter that she read to them. It would be invaluable to me attaining custody of the young one. The suggestion that the Psychiatrist had was for me not to waste any time in seeking custody. I was to immediately arrange for a psychologist to anylize my young son in order to determine whether he is mature enough to make his own decission.

The good thing is that if he proves to be mature enough, It would be easy for me to get custody. She signed an agreement that when he reached the age to make an informed decission, she would abide by it. We all know how truthfull and honest these lovely Christians are. I expect a war! I saw my son last night and she is already putting the pressure on. She told him that if he does not attend meetings, he is not welcome in her home. He is only 12 years old for God sakes! How loving for a mother to make that statement. He is so worried about having to move in with me because he would lose all of his friends. I don't think that this thought would be his own. I am sure that she planted this very slyly.

I truly feel that time is of the essence here. She has picked the wedding party already. The guy she is marrying is also going to put the pressure on. He has already said to him that he is not going to force him to meetings, but will strongly encourage him to attend.

I have an appointment with a psychologist this afternoon. He wants to see me first in order to get some details.

I will keep you posted on what he has to say.

Wish me luck!

68storm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit