Will Child Abuse Issue Keep Growing Like A Forest Fire?

by OnTheWayOut 50 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't know if a commercial will come up and I can't find this on youtube as it is probably copyright material or I am just not in a good search pattern today. Anyway, try to view this if you haven't seen it:

https://rutube.ru/video/0ba7a3ee7e89dbbc730c4af32032e33b/?ref=logo

If you can't see it, it's Tony Morris introducing a Caleb and Sophia video about sexual predators. It's been talked about, and so has Tony's (and the organization's) twisted misrepresentation of the facts.

Today, I am caught up hearing about Australia. All those cases, my my my!! I am pretty sure the press and the social media will be brutal and things will catch on like wildfire. What I am asking today- by not ignoring these things, and perhaps they cannot, will this issue continue to grow worldwide- particularly in America and Europe? I mean, the average U.S. witness would never hear about something in Australia, and even our trying to bring attention to it would cause them to shut down and say "You are just an evil apostate." But there the GB are, highlighting that something is rotten in Spiritual Paradise.

Will more cases pop up and just pile on? In other words, will existing cases cause more people to come forward with legit cases (kind of like Bill Cosby) and will lawyers be more willing to file knowing there's settlement money? Will young JW's seek out more google searches about the subject because of Tony Morris or because of whispers about Candace Conti or Australia or other cases?

Are we at the tip of the iceberg? And just as importantly,

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I think we can expect even broader news coverage after the hearing is over. Right now everything is regarded as "allegations". It is now that the evidence is being presented. Any rational news outlet will limit itself to report that the hearing is ongoing at this stage. If anything meaningful comes out of this hearing, I am pretty sure it will receive wider exposure.

I doubt the US will see a hearing like this one any time soon, we are just too conservative to admit our faults. I think it will happen eventually but judging on past history, it will have to involve an abuse case taken all the way to the supreme court for anything these significant to happen.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

will this issue continue to grow worldwide- particularly in America and Europe? I mean, the average U.S. witness would never hear about something in Australia,

I don't know I watched PBS News hour last night they had a little story about the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints and the Boy scouts. If this story was going to hit the main stream media in the states I would expect to see reference to it on PBS. It remains to be seen what will happen here in North America?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    On the Wayout: Are we at the tip of the iceberg?

Yes, I believe so.

This Royal Commission is going to act as a trigger for many victims. Victims suppress their experiences in unsafe environments - they stuff their feelings and don't process what happened because it isn't safe to do so.

The Royal Commission is creating an environment of safety and it is that concern and caring that will allow many other victims the supportive enviironment that they need in order to deal with what happened to them.

The victims will come forward...more and more of them to add their voice to the existence of others like them. It is a team effort and the team will continue to grow and grow until their voices are powerful enough to be heard around the world.

And yes, I think that Morris addressing the issue will add to the triggers that will encourage children and adults to seek out information about child abuse. They will begin to understand that the abuse they have suffered is NOT normal - the abuse has been normalized within the systemic abusive environment of the JW religion.

The victims are starting to speak and as the shout begins to grow, more will add their voice.

Scream it from the rooftops...and don't stop until all have been heard.

Let's change the silent lambs to roaring lions.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was wondering this myself. I was thinking about Bill Cosby and how that all just blew up. He he was looked to as the perfect father, moralist, the perfect person, loving husband, etc. Yet all that time, all of these women he had harmed were being shut down and told that they were lying. Now it's all come to light what the true Bill Crosby was. Even for those who do not really believe Bill could have done it, they have to admit that something was not right and Bill was not quite the moralist he led them to believe.

I have been wondering, hoping that might be the case with the JW's finally. People just do not want to hear about child abuse. They just do not want to know it happens and when the victims do come forward they want the victims to be proved to be lying. No one wants to accept the devastating affects of sexual abuse.

The Catholic Church is a prime example, Penn State, Bill Crosby, and I am truly hoping JW's. Everyone just wants to sweep it under the rug and maybe there will come a time when the rug will have to much dirt under it and it cannot hold anymore.

I can only hope we are on the tip of the iceberg.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

OC

I love what you said about changing silent lambs to roaring lions.

I have been forbidden to even mention the word pedophile to some ex JW's much less JW's. People just do not want to know. How can it be stopped unless its acknowledged? Just think if people had listened to the first victims of the Catholic Church, Penn state, Bill Crosby, etc how much pain could have been avoided. How much suffering and heart ache could have been avoided.

I just love it changing silent lambs to roaring lions.

LITS

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I certainly hope that more victims come forward and get some justice, and some sort of peace, by exposing the WT/JW machine that chewed them up and spat them out.

I wouldn't get over excited about the effect all of this will have on R&F JW's, they will listen to any excuse coming from within their cult, and dismiss it all as satanic lies and persecution.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    I would expect the UK and other European nations to be next. The USA will be last to follow most likely.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Will more cases pop up and just pile on?

Wouldn't it be cool if a lot of accusations and proof starting coming out against Tony Morris, that he was involved in several cases of sexual abuse, sort of like Bil Cosby.

That would do it!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Why should a former child abuser ever be installed as "bible teacher" (or publisher) who goes from house to house. He should be allowed only to be a "follower" but not a "teacher" never again.

Another idea would be to create special therapy centers for JW abusers, where they can go to the assemblies and preach to each other, but not from house to house or remaing in the same congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit