Stupid drunk drivers......

by Jesus Christ 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

My house is at the end of a fairly busy street that dead ends in our front yard and then takes up again a few houses down. I was trying to set up some email stuff for a client tonight around 10:30 when I heard some police sirens. I stood up and looked out my window to see a pair of headlights quickly coming towards my house with the police behind them. Luckily we didn't have the Saturn parked in front of the house tonight because we parked in the driveway after going to the store to get some water for Fluffy (my pet fish) about an hour earlier. That was good because the person who was being chased by the police didn't bother slowing when she tried to turn. For a while tonight there was a late 80's sedan parked in my front yard and there are still tire tracks left. Once she got stuck she realized there was nothing left to do and gave up. The police arrested her, got the car out of my front yard, and left. Just kind of freaky and scared the crap out of me because the entire time we've lived here having a car hit our house has always been a big fear of mine.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I have to go change my underwear.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Jesus Christ, Jesus. Sorry, didn't mean to take your name in vain. I am glad that you are okay.

Love,

Robyn

• kelpie
    kelpie

I hope you are ok and not too stressed out...

Drunk drivers need to be serverly punnished.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

JC, I couldn't agree more that drunk drivers need to be dealt with severly. I have been in two accidents where I was hit by drunks, one a rear ender and the other a head on. The second sent me to the hospital, but I was released that same night. Had my daughters been with me, I am sure one would have been killed as everything was tore lose from the trunk and came through the back seat, where they would have been sitting. And the drunk? He got out of his car laughing. Had I not been in shock from the impact, I think I would have flattened him right there.

The days of thinking drunks are cute and laughable are over. They are a menace to society and the rest of us pay dearly for their ignorance.

Lew W

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Speak of the devil... on Sunday a bunch of drunks skipped on a dinner bill across the street. Jumped in their car and drove through our fence. Police, fire, and ambulance action complete with tracking dogs.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Glad you're okay, jesus, and your house wasn't damaged. A few large decorative rocks nestled into the ground a bit, across the front of your yard would stop a car pretty good. No more worries.

SS

• Navigator
    Navigator

Jesus

Ditto on the rocks. Or perhaps some steel bollards embedded in concrete?

• Dia
    Dia

Or a tree or two. Someone I know has one of those huge yellow signs, in her case with an arrow on it.

I always think, 'oh it's unfortunate she has that huge yellow sign in her front yard', but better than the alternative.

And from her side, it's not a huge yellow sign.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Drunk driving is so preventable. I feel sorry for law enforcement, because you can't deal with drunks. They think they know everything and become very abusive. Their arrogance is almost laughable if it weren't so pathetic. I was hit by a drunk driver July 4th weekend 1983. My friend and I survived without a scratch, however my car was totaled. What did my drunk driver do? He ran out of his car and ran into someone's back yard garden passed out from being so gassed. At least I came away from it with my life. The most famous person to ever be involved in a drunk driving accident, the late Princess Diana, did not.

• TR
    TR

Hey Jesus,

Glad you're all right. I like Satan's idea. Jesus.Satan. HAHAHA!

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit