Nine Seconds that says it all. Have these elders any shame?

by Wasanelder Once 63 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• steve2
    steve2

A commision of inquiry is NOT similar to a Grand Jury or congressional hearing. To the best of my knowledge its terms of reference seldom, if ever, encompass non-citizens who reside in other countries.. But as others pointed out, it can summons leaders who are citizens within that country.

BTW, I had understood that JWs refused to swear on the Bible because taking an oath is considered unscriptural and instead, like non Christians, unbelievers, athiests, etc, read out a statement that they would answer truthfully, aware of the legal sanctions if they did not tell the truth. The days of being legally forced to swear on the Bible are well and truly over.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

RE: Nine seconds of silence.

In Luke 21:14,15 Jesus says that when brought before kings and governors (or Royal Commissions) do not rehearse beforehand how to make defense, for He will give you words of wisdom...

So, what happened? Why the loss for words by Brother Bowditch?

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

steve2 - A commision of inquiry is NOT similar to a Grand Jury or congressional hearing.

Thanks for bring up the point. Perhaps a better parallel in the US is a "Presidential Commission".

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm telling you, I could watch that clip over and over and over...and I am.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit