Nine Seconds that says it all. Have these elders any shame?

by Wasanelder Once 63 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bebopin
    Bebopin
    I loved that too. He had no idea what to say. That lawyer really got him good.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Maybe their bumbling manner is all in attempt to appear naive and unfamiliar with the ways of the world.

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

Someone may kindly post the transcript ? I can't catch the conversation clearly

thanks

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    In the late 70s I participated in an investigation into my former neighbor regarding his abuses. It was not unknown or unheard of. When it happened to me in the early 70s, my mom clued in enough to forbid me f err on playing at that house, though she was not savvy enough to report it. In 1978 some had and the police had a respectable investigation into the matter. By late 80s this was not a new or unheard of concept in any part of western society.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    A fair fight? Not even close. The WTS is getting the shit kicked out of them and it is about time! They are being exposed for the incompetent and arrogant jerks that they are. I am going to cheer for every knock out punch they get. They have been beating up on children and women for far too long now.
    Judical hearing? Yeah...how do they like it now?? - OrphanCrow

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Women, teenage girls and small children have been put through hell by these judicial committees. Let's see how they like it.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent
    The Commission of Inquiry has no jurisdiction over non-Australian citizens and cannot summons religious leaders from other countries. For their part, even if they wished to appear, the GB could not - although theIr organization's official literature can be included.

I think citizenship is irrelevant.

The RC could invite or summons whomever it wishes to appear before it, although the compulsive nature of a summons can only be enforced where Australian police have jurisdiction making it pointless (rather than impossible) to summons someone outside Australia. Whatever their citizenship.

And it'd be shameful to refuse if invited.

If the witness does not travel to Australia, video conference was proposed for Applewhite to give more evidence from overseas, and the Act even allows the RC to take evidence overseas with permission of the other country.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

StrongHaiku - "Just speculating here, but if this hearing is anything like a 'Grand Jury' or 'Congressional Hearing' in the US, you cannot object."

Figured as much, but then, why bother with attorneys at all?

x

sparrowdown- "Maybe their bumbling manner is all in attempt to appear naive and unfamiliar with the ways of the world."

"Appear"? :smirk:

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Vidiot - Figured as much, but then, why bother with attorneys at all?

Good question. In the US, you can have a lawyer sit next to you when you are testifying in a "Grand Jury" or "Congressional Hearing". For example, they can lean over, and whisper in your ear to advice you (e.g. how to answer, and help you with your rights against self-incrimination) but they do not address the court/hearing directly. Also, by being in the room the lawyer can take better notes and collect information to develop/prepare next steps, strategies, etc.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ah, that makes sense.

Thanks.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Isn't it kind of twisted to ask someone to swear on the Bible? I mean if it was me, I'd probably ask "Are you kidding me? A rock has more truth than that thing."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit