Jobs that the WTS doesn't approve of

by freedom96 34 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

There were several different careers that the WTS did not aprove of. Such as a being a cop, for having a gun. Couldn't be a martial arts instructor.

Maybe it was a well paying career.

Did you have a job that was not approved of? What did they do about it?

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

You can still be a jw and be a cop, you just cant have privledges.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I agree hamptonite. However, for the good witness, they would certainly want to advance, and not being given privledges, you might as well have a big ol stamp on the forhead saying, bad association.

That was bad enough for many to abandin their careers. For a group of people so worried about what others thought, many left their jobs, so they could be accepted with open arms.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I recall that in the Yeovil congregation in Somerset, England, most of the new converts to dubbism worked for this company:

Because Westlands are arms manufacturers, incoming dubs are required to jettison their careers with the company. Most find satisfying work elsewhere as shop assistants or petrol pump attendants. They all speak of the wonderful joys of service as they strive to exist on one third of their former wages.

Englishman.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

One of my favorite elders owned an Engineering firm. He was listed as one of the top 100 businesses in our area (out of 1000's). Had to give it up - took too much away from his responsibilities - now he delivers newspapers.

I think Attorneys & Docs would be out too, to many "conscious" issues they may have to face in their perspective careers.

• Jesika
    Jesika

I was a stripper untill this past Feb, I retired. They never brought up stripping as a job not approved.............mmmmmmmmmm I wonder???

LMAO j/k (not kidding about the first sentence-----and it is good to be out of it, and the JW's)

sorry I couldn't resist!

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

I knew an influentail elder down in Pensacola Fl who was also the "fill in" circuit overseer. He learned the "truth" while serving in the military. He decided not to get baptised till he finished his 18 months needed for retirement- LOL I always thought about that one. Thought baptism was just a symbolizing ones dedication- a dedication that had already taken place in ones heart. You are responsible for the the knowledge you have gained- baptized or not. Anyway one has to see the hipocracy in that one-

• kelpie
    kelpie

There are plenty of cotors that are witnesses and elders of ms's for that fact.

there is also plentiful lawyers among them.

What would they think about opening up an X rated stored????
  • DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I doubt we'll find a Politician who is a baptised JW.

• blondie
    blondie
    He decided not to get baptised till he finished his 18 months needed for retirement

Evidently he had an inside line to Jesus and Jehovah and knew that Armageddon wasn't coming then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit