Any Florida JW.com members?

by Reborn2002 17 Replies latest jw friends

• kelpie
    kelpie

Does Australia count?????

Ok maybe not but it was worth a try.. You dont get too many Aussie's on here.. Good to have you back again (not that I met you before)

My name is Kim, nice to meet you

regards

Kelps

• Grunt
    Grunt

Hi Reborn,
    I am a little over an hour north of Tampa, in horse and cow country. If you came down 75 you came within about two miles of my house, remember the long bridge back up close to where the FL turnpike breaks off? I live on the lake that bridge skirts. I moved here about 19 years ago and I love it more every year. I raised both my kids here, Florida has one of the best scholarship programs for kids that make the grades in the USA. It was even better before the Republicans cut it back but it is still good.
    As for the jetski, go on and buy one, I did and have really enjoyed it. We just spent a weekend down on Reddington Beach, it was great. Of course my favorite beaches are those up where Joy2BFree lives in the Panhandle, they are magnificent. Desoto Park down close to you is nice and has a good beach too. Great for camping and pulling your boat right up behind your rig or tent.
    In regards to bugs, I was fighting mosquitoes in Yellowstone of all places, right on the continental divide. I stopped in Riverton, Wyoming to have a picnic on the lake there and square my van away again and was chased away by swarms of mosquitoes. I just didn't know they would do so well in a place so cold for much of the year. Anyway, if you like motorcycles, jet skis and sunshine, you are in the right place.
    Glad you made it down and I hope all goes well for you. Registered to vote yet? McBride needs your help! I'll be voting in the morning.

Grunt

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Oh sure, Reborn. Move to Florida after I leave. LOL

I was born and rasied on the Gold Coast, Hollywood/Dania area. I was born in Kendall, long before it was washed away by the hurricane. I left in 1969 and moved back in 1982, but found I could longer handle the heat. The bugs didn't bother me that much. I hope you enjoy insects, they are all there

Anyway, I hope you enjoy yourself down there. There was always something to do to keep you busy and in trouble

Lew W (of the displaced Floridian class)

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Hey, Valis...you forgot me.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale (Plantation to be exact) on the side of Florida "where the boys aren't". VENICE T lives in Pompano (nearby).

Well, to tell you the truth, I was born and raised in Ohio and I miss it alot. I really miss the down home Mid-West people and the wonderful woods (especially in the Fall). I do love the Florida winters but I absolutely hate the long, long hot, mucky summers. I really wish I could be a snow bird and go to Ohio in the Summer and Fall and come down here Winter and Spring. That would be the best of both worlds for me. Takes $$$, retirement or a portable job working out of your house.

Yep we have critters. Wild parrots, parakeets, alligators. Parakeets are noisy little buggers. Winter brings a lot of pretty birds. I just saw a huge green anole (lizard) crossing the street the other day. Pretty thing it was. About 2-3 feet long and real bright green. Little lizards are every where. You'll start naming them soon. In the house, they eat other little insects for you but they will die eventually. Put a cup over them, slide a piece of paper under 'em and give 'em the ride of their life through the air into a nice green tasty bush.

When I moved to Texas for a while I really missed the ocean, the seafood, and all the varieties of trees, flowers, and plants that we have here in the sub-tropics. I traded big cockroaches and palmetto bugs for hugh crickets, snakes, scorpions, mesquite bushes, and one heck of alot of pine trees but great Tex-Mex food (yum..) and competition Dallas Push dancing.

WELCOME TO FLORIDA, REBORN.

TROT

Edited by - Trotafox on 4 November 2002 21:26:51

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to Florida, Jason!

You are welcome to come visit us anytime. (just give some advance warning!! )

j2bf

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Heyyyyy.,....Im from Chicagoland too!! Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Palatine...that partssss. Came down here to West Palm in 99 after 44 years of COLLLLLLD. I dont miss it!!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Hmmm I shall be in Florida in December, doubt this is the type of info you wanted...lol

• lookingforoldbestfriend
    lookingforoldbestfriend

Has anyone known any Sorenson's that lived in St. Petersburg? My best friend went down there about 7 years ago and since then we have lost contact. Can anyone help me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit