Any Florida JW.com members?

by Reborn2002 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I know I have been absent from this board for some time. I just was popping in to see how things were going.

I just completed my move to Florida. I now live in an affluent suburb within an hour's driving distance of both Tampa and Clearwater/St.Petersburg.

I love the weather here. When I left the Chicago area, it was 35 degrees with freezing rain and now here it is 85 degrees with radiant sunshine and barely a cloud in the sky. I never experienced weather like this in November.

I can look out my apartment window, and I see palm trees, a waterfall, an artificial lake, and an alligator that lives in that very pond. Little lizards crawl outside along the walls of the building. A tropical climate is how I was meant to live. This is fantastic! I was not bred with the desire to be cooped up in a house with snow and bitter winds for an exhaustive 3 - 5 month winter like Chicago endures annually. Here it is November and I am out along the Gulf of Mexico on the beach with my shirt off and in sandals looking at the dolphins in the water! I am definitely going to be renting a jetski.

Amazing!

Anyway, I was wondering... who all on this board are from Florida? Now that I am a resident here, I was simply curious.

That's all for now. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 4 November 2002 14:48:43

• jack2
    jack2

Reborn, I only had the privilage of visiting Florida once, but it was cool seeing the lizards, frogs, and turtles just out and about.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hiyas Reborn,

I'm in the Tampa area, and there are a few others around. Your email isn't open...huh...neither is mine...hmmmm, what to do, what to do LOL . It'd be cool tho to hook up if you're interested, let me know.

Dana

• Valis
    Valis

Hey rebbies! Let's see...you got joy2bfree, jst2laws, spiceitup, Venice IT, Seguro, Salud, Mr.Moe, LovesDubs, Safe4kids, Mindchild, Think41self, FreePeace, jaccilyn? gwyneth, and probably more...hope this helps.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Thuggish Ancilla" class

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think I heard Dana's woohoo all the way here in Texas. heheee!

Sounds like you picked the perfect time to move Jason, glad things are going good for you.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I think I heard Dana's woohoo all the way here in Texas.

Now Sixy, you know that I reserve my special woohoo for you!

Dana

P.S. BTW...when you comin' to Florida???

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I live in the Capital City, Tallahassee. I have visited the Tampa-St. Pete area a
    couple of times; I like it, but not as much as here.

• wildfire
    wildfire

HI REBORN....... so does living there from 86---93 count???? I lived by Sarasota and I have fond memories of the gorgeous winter weather.....( I now live in the way North Tundra region and it sucks ) I too loved the cute little lizards crawling aroung the palm trees and the beachess oh i am sooooo jealous reborn i loveed the beaches i had my fav spot that i would go and contemplate the universe or just chill out hahahhhhaaaa......I was in a car accident there and my dad became very ill so I moved back North to be near him ( he died in 96) but,,the weather is the best just member in the summer it will BE VERY HUMID AND HOT ,,,, SOME TAKE AWHILE TO GET USED TO IT .... I KNOW IT FREAKED ME OUT AT FIRST ,,,, BUT hell drink a marquerita and think of us poor slobbbsss freezin our butts off the only thing i hate were the huge freakin cock roaches and yes even in the best of neighborhoods they found there way in watch out for the PALMETTOO BUGS THEY ARE HUGE AND THEY FLY ANYWAY HAVE FUN I am jealous cant you telll???????

• breeze
    breeze

reborn....

It is great in Florida, I have lived in Florida almost my entire life? I live South Florida, West Palm Beach.

Like all yankees you will start missing the COLD and have to go back to get a snow fix. SNOW, the other white powder?

Welcome to Florida, you live on the edge of heaven though, another couple of hours south and it really changes. In Fort Myers or Naples it very seldom gets cold.

BREEZE

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Hey Reborn-- I escaped South Florida after 13 years... Let me know how you like the 13 months of hellish heat after you spend your first full summer... Plus, just watch your back, you are now in one of the highest crime areas in the US. Not just petty stuff, violent, random crimes against people are highly prevalent. Got kids?-- if you want to keep them don't leave them alone.

Warm climates tend to attract many transient criminals. I hope you have a VERY POSITIVE experience in the TAMPA area, best of luck to you, keep your eyes open, and your stuff locked up. Con artist and white collar fraud are a big game in Florida too.

Sorry if i sound like a downer, but many folks I knew while I was there really did not know what the area was really like before the got there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit