Have you ever sprung anyone??

by kelpie 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• troucul
    troucul

I sprung a tent in my pants once, does that count?

• kelpie
    kelpie

Just for you troucul, I will let your tent springing in your pants pass....

I just dont want to see it

• footprints
    footprints

I sprung an elder I knew out of Jail for drunk driving one time. I think the bail was $300

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

To spring someone, in Aussie slang, is to catch them in the act.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well I sprung myself once.

I heard a knock at the door, opened it and saw a very large sheriffs deputy standing there. He asked my name and told me he had a warrant for my arrest. Having been a deputy myself some years before I knew the routine but was shocked as I had no idea what was going on.

I asked who had signed the warrant and it was a judge that neither the deputy or I had ever heard of and no reason was on the warrant that made any sense. Well I ended up in cuffs and in the back seat cage of his car and driven off to jail. I took a few hundred dollars in travelers checks with me.

During the booking routine in the jail I asked the jailer if the warrant made any sense to him. He looked at it and called his supervisor, yelling out loud " I think we got an innocent man here ". That set all the inmates to laughing and whistleing as this is done a lot with people who end up staying in jail.

The supervisor came out and read the warrant and said "well I don't have the college education to understand all this crap" WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?. I said I don't think I have done anything, do you know this judge? He said no he did not. I told him I had a divorce in process and he asked me about the travelers checks. I said they were for child support." He said it looks like this judge whoever he is is trying to send you a message of sorts".

He made a few phone calls and found out nothing. Then he says take these checks and go home until we get an answer.

I went home and called my divorce lawyer and told him the story. He thought for a while and then tells me HE MADE A COURT DATE, FORGOT TO CALENDAR IT AND DID NOT NOTIFY ME OR SHOW UP IN COURT . I kept my cool and asked that since he did not show up, why wasn't he arrested? He said he may be arrested.

The judge was an old man that had retired and was called back to the bench to fill in for another judge that was sick. So no one remembered him and I think that his age was part of the confusion on the warrant.

I refused to pay my lawyer what I owed him and got another lawyer.

That is my story on getting sprung .

Outoftheorg

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I "sprung" someone before.

I was in a college class and guessed this girl was a witness. She was in my acting class. One day she and I were walking with another guy and she was explaining her screwed up family situation, and started talking about Elders and all. I kept silent not sure what to say, and she said "I suppose this sounds insane to you all" and the guy said "well it is weird" and I said "Nope, I am a witness too."

She nearly fell on the ground, it was quite funny.

We ended up being very close for a time. But she was a flake. IN A BIG WAY. We eventually drifted a part. Years laters she slept with my boyfriend at the time. Hahaha! But that's a story for another day kiddies.

• kelpie
    kelpie

Thanks for the clarifican Stephanus.

I forget that American and aussie slang is sooooooo different.

• blackout
    blackout

i have sprung an elders son who was supposed to be staying at my place but snuck out and went to his girlfriends! Her dad actually really sprang them in the morning!!! This is true, he got D'd. But hes back in now the poor sole.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I sprung a leak once!!!

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

for all our NON Aussie or Kiwi friends.....SPRUNG means to be "caught out" to be discovered doing something you shouldn't be doing...or at least doing something you wouldn't like to be caught out doing.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit