Have you ever sprung anyone??

by kelpie 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• kelpie
    kelpie

How is this...

I started working for a company in Sydney while still a witness. I moved from a little country town to there so didnt know a soul. Well the receptionist that worked with me was very loud and out going and used to swear quite a bit.

But I started picking up signals as you do when your a witness that this girl was also a witness. This one day she was talking to one of her friends about going to "Bethal" and about pioneering etc. this clinched it for me

After this conversation she then spoke to her boyfriend and had a heated arguement with him calling him every name under the sun. After she got off the phone I turned and said to her... I would again like to introduce myself. I am Sister Parsons and I am too a witness. Well you should have seen her face. She nearly died of shock because she had been sprung. Her dad being one of the elders in her congregation. She said to me.. Oh my god... how long have you known. I said to her a few weeks.

She had to take a 10 minute break to calm down. After that.. she was a very good christain girl around me.

Boy it felt good for springing her!

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

kelpie, when you said "Have you ever sprung anyone?", I thought you mean if I ever bailed someone out of jail.

• shera
    shera

A brother and myself sprung each other.......this happened just before the both of us left the org.We went out and met each other at a bar.hehehe Before that we never met each other until the next assembly,we were like ummmmmm.Hi,how yah doing?

• nilfun
    nilfun

LoL, Kelpie, I remember the first time my now-husband used the word "sprung" he said something like:

"Ahhh girl, I sprung ya, didn't I?"...and I had NO idea what the heck he was talking about. hehe....

But yes, I have sprung a few then-fellow JWs...

One was kinda like your case, there was a girl who didn't know I was a JW, she cussed a lot in art class. You should have seen how her eyes bugged out when she and her family visited my KH and she saw me there. I suppose she was afraid I would "dob her in" (heh, another nifty phrase I picked up from my hubby) to the elders... but of course, I didn't...

• Mac
    Mac

Geeeeeeeeeezzzzz!!!! Kelpie,

I thought you must have busted someone out of the clink!!!!!!

(but, i wasn't gonna tell cuz dibber dobbers wear nappies!)

mac

• Brummie
    Brummie

Kinda, sort of:

After disassociating myself an old JW freind of mine used to take pride in ignoring me every morning when we would cross paths on the way to work, they did this for about three years, then one morning I walked a different way to work on turning a blind corner I physically bumped into the JW by accident, when I lifted my head to apologise to the person my face was filled with smoke as the JW blew out the smoke of a cigarette right into my face! Bwahahahahaha, that was a great moment for me. Caught em smoking! I looked forward to seeing if they would continue to ignore me but never saw them again.

• kelpie
    kelpie

Well my title got your attention didnt it!

You read it didnt you?? So mission accomplished.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I have always disliked a two-faced person. One who says one thing and does another. Being a JW on top of that is difficult. Obviously, she was really "living a lie" and being a hypocrite according to the way we were taught. Obviously you were seeing the true person in her most natural habitat=being herself. The other person was just putting on an act to remain acceptable to the JW regimen, which I believe many JW's do all the time. Nobodies perfect. Some of us try harder; some of us rebel a bit.

If I were in your shoes, I don't think I would have introduced myself as a "sister", as it would have been so embarrassing to her. I probably would have just allowed her to "find out" on her own, as circumstances presented themselves, and let her deal with it as it panned out.

Just my two cents worth here.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Hmmmm. Well, The only instance of being "sprung" that I can recall was when our family was driving thru Box Hill at 8am one Sunday morning. Lord knows what we were doing there, anyway, my father got into a brief road duel with a guy in a car behind him, the guy didnt like that he failed to indicate or something. Anyway, they pulled up at the next set of lights right next to each other and the windows went down and the rude gestures started. Then they realized they knew each other! The driver of the other car was a brother ministerial servant from our cong. The "fingers" turned to waves, and the angry grimaces to sickly smiles of brotherly affection. Rather amusing thinking back.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I thought you meant get someone out of the bORG.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit