Understanding Matthew 24. What does it mean?

by apocalypse 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Spinner,

Our modern day Temple, the WTO is also going down. Jehovah used it to bring all who love Him and His name together, out of the world. The ending of this moden "Temple arrangement" is when someone who sees the hypocracy, leaves*, or when it actually goes down, as Babylon the Great- the ORG that holds God's Modern Day People captive (my children, your parents, etc.). It is happening very soon.

If God's "Modern Day People" [Israel] are in spiritual "captivity" to Babylon The Great, then God's People need a modern-day "Messiah" to fully deliver them from captivity, as Jesus did for first century Israel. -- Luke 4:18; Rev. 11:8

bjc

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Apocalypse:
    I just wanted to highlight, since you are quoting from the NWT, that a capitalised "YOU" is a plural, not an imperative or emphasis. It does make a difference as to how you interpret what they have translated.

You've obviously put a lot of time and effort into this. I'll try to read it through properly, since I have only skimmed it. I think it's great when people think and read for themselves, without feeling constrained to follow popular opinion, nor what they have been "taught".

Well done.

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

"SACRED SECRET" OF GOD HELD TIGHT IN GOD'S HAND -- Revelation 5:1-7

As time passes for mankind, centuries or milleniums, eventually, every sincere seeker of truth, every sincere JWs or ex-JWs must come to realize one, most important thing about God's Word the Bible, and that is this: God's Word has been shrouded in mystery for centuries, and totally misunderstood by mankind in general because it has truly never been viewed as what it should be viewed as, an Ultra "Sacred Secret" of God's making. A Religious Secret that God is clearly keeping to Himself, until the authorized person arrives on the earthly scene.

This means in short, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for mankind on their own, to correctly interpret it without divine help, divine inspiration. (This is why the WTS failed. They admit they are not "inspired". So they falter in their "teachings" and explanations of scripture. And they will continue to fail, because they too have not come to know this fact. Divine inspiration is definitely needed.) There can be no doubt after 1,000s of years of having God's inspired Word within their possession, with no one correctly understanding it, this clearly proves that It is God's Religious Secret that He himself has held tightly in His Hand for a purpose, UNTIl the designated person arrives to dispense His knowledge. A message with "7 seals" placed upon it, to insure "confidentiality" of its message. Then at the appropriate time, at last when God's message is correctly understood, only this particular designated person, will be able to take the "sealed scroll" from God's Mighty Hand, and break each "seal", or correctly explain what these 7 "seals" mean, in relation to mankind and God. For Almighty God to give this authorized person his sacred Word, since no one can wrest it out of God's mighty hand, this shows this is the person God has fully approved to do this. It would prove this desginated person then, is the only person authorized to break these "seals" and take the "sealed scroll" from God's Hand. In this context, he is shown as the 'lamb" who has "7 horns" or "7 eyes". It would prove, he is God's "Chosen One". He is God's "Servant". -- Isa. 49:1-7; Revelation 5:1-7

This is the only way we can properly understand such matters, as God's Religious Secrets that He Himself keeps held tightly in His Almighty Power, with no unauthorized person discovering its vital, yet hidden meanings for us today.

Amos 3:7 says of God:

"For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets."

In the large Print NW Translation on this verse, the footnote comment shows the expression "confidential matter" as being in latin rendered the word "secretum" or secret. This is how we should understand this information from God. It is a religious secret, that God will ONLY reveal to the above mentioned person in whome God has purposed to first understand his Glorious Word. The Mystery "Chieftain" of Ezekiel 44:1-3. Until that time in which he arrives, for all mankind to see, all mankind must wait.

So while mankind waits for understanding of God's will through the mystery "Chieftain", there are a few things that we can do. We should always note the "details" that are unexplained, knowing a plausible, reasonable, understandable "explanation" will surface and God will have provided as usual. That should be our attitude of the matter. We should know, and fully expect God to send us the designated person, the "Chieftain" of Ezekiel 44:1-3. And then, and only then, will we rightly expect God to release the tightly held sacred information, that He has up to this time, wisely kept privy only to Himself. At that time, we should expect, the sacred information of God, to be released, at God's discretion. Its release comes at the designated time foretold in scripture, "in the final part of the days" when "Israel" is in "great distress". -- See Jeremiah 23:20; 30:7-9, 24.

So God has kept it simple. God simply releases His sacred "understanding" of His purposes, by way of the "Chieftain". He grants true "understanding" of His Will to this chosen one. It is God's choice, God's Chosen One. And we should expect the Bible to speak openly about this one. And it does. His role is to explain things, as we would expect of a coming "messiah", like Jesus. (John 4:25) This one is spoken of in God's "scroll". But the holy "scroll" is held in God's Hands only. So since the "scroll" is held tight within His Grasp, as Revelation 5:1 shows, everything is proceeds according to God's discretion. And the holy "seals" on this "scroll, "seals up" the bible. This holy "scroll" has upon it, seven "seals" or seven (7) great, cataclysmic events untold to mankind that blocks "understanding" of God's Sacred Purposes. 7 unrevealed truths which work to "seal" the Bible up, until Jehovah the Almighty gets ready to reveal these things. 7 "religious secrets" of God. After all, Jehovah God is the "Great Revealer" of Secrets. -- Daniel 2:47

So since this is the case, God keeps his Religious Secrets to Himself until, until its time to reveal these powerful events as "religious secrets" or "Sacred Secrets" to the "Chieftain". God "grants understanding" to his Chosen One, the "Chieftain" as depicted in Ezekiel 44:1-3 "eating bread" in God's Holy Presence. In turn, the "Chieftain" reveals it to mankind, but to spiritual "Israel" [JWs] first. This Divine Pattern, was first established by Jesus Christ as revealed in Matthew 10:6 and Matthew 13:11.

Other verses back this up. For example, Revelation 6:2 the first "seal" is broken. We read of a mysterious "white horse" rider who receives a "crown" of favor from God, in these last days. Just based upon that "knowledge" or unique perspective of things, we must conclude that this particular "rider" himself is NOT Jesus Christ. No, he is not. Matthew 28:18, despite what the WTS and JWs continue to say, clearly shows Jesus Christ possesses "all power and authority" over heaven and earth ever since the first century. So reasonably we must conclude, there is absolutely nothing, no "crown" [stephenos] of victory that can be given to him as a reward, in these LAST DAYS. That teaching, that thought simply doesn't make sense. As we remember, Revelation shows us the future, "the things that must take place", since Jesus was granted immortal life in heaven in the first century. Jesus had by the writing of the book of Revelation, already been "declared God's Son" in the complete sense. We know this. (Romans 1:4; Rev. 4:1)

But the one shown to be the rider of the "White Horse" here at Revelation 6:2, can also be shown in scripture to be the one we call "Shiloh", who is supposed to specifically show up "in the final part of the days". that's during our day and time. So the designation of "Shiloh" too, then would not apply to Jesus Christ either, contrary to popular belief. Appropriately, "Shiloh" should be understood to be the coming mystery "Chieftain" of Ezekiel 44:1-3. -- See Genesis 49:1, 10

So then the "plan" is quite simple as Amos 3:7 shows, this is God's designated M.O. [modus operande] when we examine his past dealings. It is His pattern of operation, to use ONE MAN. One person. As previously mentioned by myself on other threads, the "Chieftain" is allowed to "eat bread" in the Holy Presence of the Almighty, in His Future Temple in fact. A "Temple" that was previously abandoned by God for becoming guilty of committing "fornication" with its filthy, disgraceful "king's" activity. These worthless "kings" [Governing Body of JWs] are the ones who presumptuously "put their doorposts" right up beside "God's doorpost" and caused the Temple to be "defiled" in God's eyes. Now the Temple must be "purified" before God will come near them again. (Ezekiel 43:22-27) A "defiled" Temple that now, because of spiritual "fornication" being committed by the "kings" [G.B. UN/NGO Disaster], that now has to be cleansed and "purified" before God would accept them again. As Ezekiel says of this new Temple Arrangement, "This is the law of the House...all around is something most holy. Look! This is the law of the House." In other words, Jehovah is primarily interested in this "House" being kept dutifully "Holy", spiritually clean, in His sight, before He will deal with them again. -- See Ezekiel 43:7-12.

Simple.

And to set this whole stage of events for us, dutifully Almighty God reveals His "confidential matters" to this foretold designated person, who fully carries out God's Will toward wayward "Israel" [JWs]. He becomes the "Servant" of God; the one God "chooses" for this work. -- Isaiah 49:1-7

So God chooses the "Chieftain", who then despenses the "knowledge" to the deserving ones of "Israel" first. The ones God has chosen. Therefore, the "kingdom of God", becomes repatriated, restored "Israel". The ones that are restored from apostasy to God's favor. The spiritual nation of Israel [JWs]. And that means, we today who accept God's arrangement for peace, we who accept Ezekiel's "Chieftain", restored Israel, become the "kingdom of God", reborn on earth, the kingdom that we have all waiting for all of this time. God's Kingdom is now, upon earth, where God "dwells" forever and ever. In other words, we as "Jehovah's Witnesses" become the long-awaited "Temple" Arrangement that had to be pulled up from spiritual "fornication", because of the disgraceful sins of the Governing Body of Jehovan's Witnesses, but later will have the inestimatable privilege to have God Almighty Himself "reside in the midst of the sons of Israel to TIME INDEFINITE". -- Ezekiel 43:7-9; 48:35

So the story does have a happy ending, after all.

This is a blessing, if we can "see" the whole picture. We can today become the holy, blessed "arrangement" of God. But first, we must come to understand the role of the "Chieftain". Again, keeping it simple. We must come to understand the "Chieftain" is the one that God invites to "eat bread" in His lofty presence, the only one. And he will provide proper directions for us, Israel. Israel can recovery from spiritual disaster, only if they accept the spiritual help from the "Chieftain", and thus benefit fully from this horrible WTS "experience". This is our only, only way out. -- Ezekiel 44:1-3; Daniel 2:34, 35, 44

bjc

Edited by - bjc2read on 15 December 2002 12:0:2

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Understanding Matthew 24. What does it mean?

Simple: it means Jesus lied and no amount of excuses or apologetics can change that.

"This Generation(tm)" croaked 2,000 years ago. Jesus lied.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 15 December 2002 12:3:50

• rebel
    rebel

bjc2read,

Sorry, but none of that makes any sense. How on earth can God expect us to do his will if he makes his word impossible to understand? How can you be a good Christian if, first, you have to solve these cryptic riddles? I am not saying I don't believe the Bible, I do. I just don't now why God would make the whole thing one big huge mystery.

xxR

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Rebel, here is your answer:

Deut. 5th chapter -- The New Living Translation

23 But when you heard the voice from the darkness, while the mountain was blazing with fire, all your tribal leaders came to me. 24 They said, 'The LORD our God has shown us his glory and greatness, and we have heard his voice from the heart of the fire. Today we have seen God speaking to humans, and yet we live! 25 But now, why should we die? If the LORD our God speaks to us again, we will certainly die and be consumed by this awesome fire. 26 Can any living thing hear the voice of the living God from the heart of the fire and yet survive? 27 You go and listen to what the LORD our God says. Then come and tell us everything he tells you, and we will listen and obey.' 28 "The LORD heard your request and said to me, 'I have heard what the people have said to you, and they are right.

The people had it "right", God said. The people needed a "mediator", a go-between.

30 Go and tell them to return to their tents. 31 But you stay here with me so I can give you all my commands, laws, and regulations. You will teach them to the people so they can obey them in the land I am giving to them as their inheritance.'"

Additionally, God said this,

Deut. 18th chapter

15 "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites, and you must listen to that prophet. 16 For this is what you yourselves requested of the LORD your God when you were assembled at Mount Sinai. F35 You begged that you might never again have to listen to the voice of the LORD your God or see this blazing fire for fear you would die. 17 "Then the LORD said to me, 'Fine, I will do as they have requested. 18 I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will tell that prophet what to say, and he will tell the people everything I command him. 19 I will personally deal with anyone who will not listen to the messages the prophet proclaims on my behalf.

The people themselves made this very request of God, and God agreed to handle matters this way.

Therefore, Jehovah God is dealing with ONE MAN only. That's the arrangement. And this designated one will bring the appropriate explanatory information to the people of Israel. He is the Modern Day "Servant" of Isaiah 49:1-7 and Mystery Chieftain of Ezekiel 44:1-3, God's Chosen One.

bjc

Edited by - bjc2read on 15 December 2002 16:7:43

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Rebel,

Sorry, but none of that makes any sense. How on earth can God expect us to do his will if he makes his word impossible to understand? How can you be a good Christian if, first, you have to solve these cryptic riddles? I am not saying I don't believe the Bible, I do. I just don't now why God would make the whole thing one big huge mystery.

I think reality is setting in now, based upon what you've said above. You need help. Your words above show it. And in order to receive or get this unique spiritual "help", humility, true humility will be key here. What I'm saying is that, today more than ever before, we must show humility before God, and accept what God has proposed for us, because the Bible has given us the "answers". But, perhaps, its not the answer we would like. We agreed to do God's Will, no matter what that proved to be. God's Will and no one else's will. And the "Scapegoat" arrangement, "Mystery Chieftain", "Modern Day Servant" arrangement, then is a vital part of that "Will" of God. Godly Humility will help us ADMIT, we don't understand the scriptures, period.

Humility will help us see, GOD IS NOT DEALING WITH US, period.

God is working thru another person, and that is the MDS of our times, period.

Therefore, we must "become as little children" so that God can assist us. In other words, what you and every other JWs needs now, is a Deliverer. You need deliverance from Babylon the Great. You need a Liberator, a person, a man. And he must prove to be, one sent by God. You need the Modern-Day Servant of Isaiah 49:1-7.

There is no escaping it.

The longer you procrastinate, the longer you stay in "darkness". Because God is not going to reveal anything to anybody, except this "Servant" of His making. So you are wasting your time, trying to figure out something that God already said YOU CAN'T! You simply cannot figure out the Bible, when God said true understanding only comes thru the "spirit of the truth," which is the Modern Day Servant. The one who "takes from what belongs to" Jesus, and even brings "glory" to that one. And he does it in the most unique way too. -- See John 16:13, 14; Isa. 49:1-7; 50:10, 11

"MDS" [Modern Day Servant] will prove to be, the "REVEALED" son of man of Luke 17:30, because he is the only human on this planet, that truly UNDERSTANDS THE FUTURE. This unique "knowledge" of his, will prove it.

So then, the whole world needs this coming "Deliverer". And that's what the world is going to get too.

Therefore, Jesus spoke of our time by answering the following question from his disciples,

"...Why, then, do the scribes say that Elijah must COME FIRST." In reply he said "Elijah, indeed, is coming and will restore all things." -- Matt. 17:10, 11

So, we are to properly taught to EXPECT, the coming of Elijah! Prophecy says, he comes before the "great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah" and does a spiritual "restoration" work for God Almighty. He is even sent by God, for that very purpose.

"Look! I am sending to you people Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah. And he must turn the heart of fathers back toward sons, and the heart of sons back toward fathers, in order that I may not come and actually strike the earth with a devoting of it to destruction." -- Malachi 4:5, 6

Therefore, if God Almighty Himself, did not send "Elijah" and he does not come for our benefit, then everyone must suffer destruction before God. That's what the prophecy says. And and we've recently learned, why. It is because WTS has led the entire nation of JWs down into the pit of IDOLATRY. In other words, the entire nation of JWs are now all, that is ALL VIOLATORS OF GOD'S COVENANT as a nation!!! [UN/NGO situation, since 1991]

Thus, we've become a "prostitute" nation before God! We need to be "atoned for" before Jehovah, before we can receive the final, "indefinitely lasting covenant" from God, for everlasting life. -- See Ezekiel 16:59-63

Therefore, "Elijah" must come first, to assist us, to re-attach us [Israel] BACK TO GOD, to "re-bond" us to God, in a ANOTHER COVENANT ARRANGEMENT, an "indefinitely lasting covenant" arrangement, and thus to God's favor eternally. Bible prophecy foretold ALL OF THIS, as Israel's future. To attempt to deny this, would be trying to deny God's unfailing Word and what His inspired prophecies have foretold for us, as our undeniable future. -- Jer. 50:4, 5; Ezekiel 20:35-37

Peace,

bjc

Edited by - bjc2read on 15 December 2002 17:25:21

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit