Understanding Matthew 24. What does it mean?

by apocalypse 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• aurel
    aurel

Dear apocalypse,

I read your material about Mt24 and was impressed by your research. You seem to imply that 'wars and food shortages'
    were not part of the 'sign'. I'd like to ask about the connection of Mt24 with Re6, what do you think, is there a connection
    between these two parts of the Bible? Would you say that both talk about the sign of Jesus coming? And do you think
    that Re6 suggests that 'wars and food shortages' would be part of what will happen before Jesus coming?

Your material is excellent, but I just want to know if you link the accounts in Mt with other parts of the Bible like
    Revelation and Daniel. There are mentions of wars in Daniel also, do you think that wars will be part of the elements of the
    'End Scenario'?

Your brother,

Aurel Enea

Mobile Phone: (310) 592-0998.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

"Wars and rumors of wars".

Since Jesus was attempting to warn Jewish Christians that these should not cause them to be "terrified", I would generally discount them altogether.

However, when discussing the book of Daniel, it must be noted that what Daniel wrote about was basically "wars". These conflicts and their outcomes would shape the future.

When discussing Revelation 6, it must be noted that again events that have molded and shaped life on Earth for the past 2000 years are outlined.

At the outset a white horse is mentioned. This rider seems righteous, as he rides a white horse. But woe is in his path. He desires to "complete his conquest." Is he righteous? Look what comes in his wake but "slaughter", inflation, hunger, poverty and disease.

Indeed the effort to 'conquer' the Earth has been devastating to the human race.

As far as parallels, there are some between Matthew and Revelation. I have to spend some more time going over these things as I have left them off for a while. The paper I wrote on Matthew 24 is almost three years old. I haven't done much study in the past while. Had bigger things.

As well, I don't have all the answers. I am only a student.

• aurel
    aurel

Dear apocalypse,
    I appreciated your response about "wars and rumors of wars".

Would you be able to share your opinion on the two witnesses of Re11?
    (who they are and how long is the period that they give witness)

Also wondering if you see a parallel between Da12:6 "wonderful things" and Re10:6 " sacred secret"?

You mentioned 'bigger things', were you referring to more important parts of the Bible?

Thanks, Aurel.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Would you be able to share your opinion on the two witnesses of Re11?
    (who they are and how long is the period that they give witness)

Now, that's an interesting topic. I really wish I had some insight on it. I have heard different things, but in the end, they all left me with questions.

I think it needs alot more prayer.

Also wondering if you see a parallel between Da12:6 "wonderful things" and Re10:6 " sacred secret"?

This is a big topic. My father and I have wrangled for countless hours on this one. Daniel ch. 12 obviosly is discussing things which have not yet occurred, after "Michael stands up". The way these things were given left Daniel in a tizzy. Anything I could offer would only be speculation and this discussion is better in person over coffie.

You mentioned 'bigger things', were you referring to more important parts of the Bible?

I have been working on helping my family see the "truth" about the "trooth". It has been a long and arduous task. Yet now my wife is reading on this board. She had been a pioneer for 15 years. Was a "Society" girl. But eventually enough information made it to where it counts. She is now a Bible student working on a real faith.

• aurel
    aurel

Dear apocalypse,

Your cooperation with your father sounds faith strengthening.

If you would like, please feel free to send me a private email and maybe we can discuss this some further. (I'd be interested)

Thanks, Aurel.

• spinner
    spinner

Dear Apacalypse, I want to congratulate you. You are the first person who I have heard of, who

understands that the first arrangement, the Temple and the Priests, was ending,and an adjustment

was needed for the deciples. Our modern day Temple, the WTO is also going down. Jehovah used

it to bring all who love Him and His name together, out of the world. The ending of this moden

"Temple arrangement" is when someone who sees the hypocracy, leaves*, or when it actually

goes down, as Babylon the Great- the ORG that holds God's Modern Day People captive (my

children, your parents, etc.). It is happening very soon............ Thankyou!

*Daniel 12:10,"Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined."

Spin

• spinner
    spinner

You all have one problem that keeps you from truly understanding Matthew and Revelation. Your

Bible is not translated correctly. Examples:

Daniel 12:6 NWT: "wonderful things" is really things of wonder (Greek Septu.)- things that are curious, like what you ask questions about----

Matthew 24:3 NWT: "what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?" Greek says what will be the sign of the, her presence, and the her bringing an end........

When you read Daniel 12: 7--And as soon as there will have been a finishing of the dashing of the power of the holy people to pieces, all these things will come to their finish (things of wonder). This is the WTO finally falling, and the people of insight 'coming out of her' .

Look at your old Diaglott. Or better yet, get a modern Greek to English dictionary.

Don't take my word for it, do the research!! spin

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Hmm. I thought there might be something reasonable posted on the bottom of this thread.

Guess not eh.

• rebel
    rebel

Apocalypse,

This was brilliant and read all of it - quite a feat for me!

Why do you say that the answer to the second question starts in verse 23? I know you compared it to Luke 21, but I still don't see how you can see where the answer to one question ends and another begins.

Also, you mentioned a book you have written. Is this book available for anyone? I would love to read it.

Does anyone know of a book that explains Revelation? Is there a book a bit like the WT 'Revelation - it's Climax at Hand', but one that actually is based on the Bible? I would like a verse by verse breakdown of Revelation. I am always puzzled as to why God wrote everything in such an odd way. Why write riddles so that people can interpret them in their own way? Very strange - a God of Confusion in my mind. Maybe he had a reason for keeping everything hidden from everyone.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

The change to the second question begins in verse 23 because...

1) There are two questions about two different but related things. There has to be a transition from answering the first, to the second. It need only be identified.

2) Jesus begins a second warning, not a repetition of the first. This second warning is for them not to look for the Christ on Earth. If you notice, he's on Earth as he's giving this warning.

3) In Mark 13:21 Jesus is recorded as saying "Then, TOO, if anyone says to you "See! Here is the Christ..." making clear that he is referring to another time period when Christians will "too", or again hear of "false prophets". Not a repeat of the first "false prophets" warning but a fresh one. Following that, in Mark's account, verse24 goes on to say "But in THOSE days, after THAT tribulation..." showing that he is contrasting the first event, the fall of the Temple which he has just discussed, with "those" still far distant future days when "THAT" event of the "Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory" will take place.

As far as a "book", I don't recall saying I wrote a book. Although with all that I have written so far, it is equal to a small book.

Revelation? Nobody knows this. We know parts, or believe we do. But in the end, without full knowledge, anybody who says he can explain any part of this book is on thin ice wihtout beaing able to explain it all.

And 'dem whatz tried, ...cried.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit