Understanding Matthew 24. What does it mean?

by apocalypse 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Joseph Malik,

Thank you for your patience and your Christian love.

IW

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

jack2,

Sorry to hear that. I have macular degeneration and am going blind. Reading the newspaper is very difficult and I cannot read it at all some days. So this is my problem as well. If you have a problem there are vitamins like Beta Carotine and some minerals like Zinc and Selenium that help. But see a professional. Do not let it go. And you can highlight a post and move it to Word where you can turn it into big letters. That is what I must do sometimes. But the way things are going, I will not be on line much longer.

Joseph

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

JOE,

SORRY ABOUT YOUR EYE PROBLEMS.

I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR SYMBOLIC OR PROPHETIC INTERPRETATION OF MATT. 24

HOW IS LUKE 21:5-6 OR MATT. 24:2 SYMBOLICAL? WHERE OR WHAT OR WHEN WAS OR IS THE TEMPLE?

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Apocalypse,

Thank you.

Jay

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

It is brave of you apocalypse to post something that is so clearly heartfelt. (And well written.) I don't mind the length either. For what it is worth I love reading of and talking to people who will speak heart to heart. You do and it shows. No doubt with people like you expressing yourself; Keys will be handed out and locks opened.

Again Thank You.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

HOW IS LUKE 21:5-6 OR MATT. 24:2 SYMBOLICAL? WHERE OR WHAT OR WHEN WAS OR IS THE TEMPLE?

Kenneson ,

I did not say they were. The verses under discussion were later. Now you are discussing some introductory remarks that led up to them. The temple corrupt as it had become represented the faith, its center of worship in Jerusalem. This would also be the case with the faith with all its denominations and sects a Jerusalem in itself.

Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

This Jerusalem due to such corruption will be replaced with a New Jerusalem when our Lord returned. So the temple and the city was used as an example for this reason.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 4 November 2002 9:20:16

Edited by - JosephMalik on 4 November 2002 9:24:37

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I am glad to see that there were some who found in the above something of value. That includes the comments of others.

I wrote, and I am sure no less for others who posted or read, that there are out there individuals who really believe, or at least want to, in our Lord and those with Him.

And for those on that path, belief in and a searching for Christ is by default, a searching for and belief in the One who sent him, our Father.

Hence, I am satisfied today that I have done a little, where a little is all that is really needed.

As to the length, I wrote concerning all the verses that Matthew provided. If our Lord could have convinced our brother Matthew to write less, then in fact I would have also written less.

Or perhaps, if Matthew would have only written more, then less would need to have been said now.

For a fact, I am sure that what Matthew and the others wrote was sufficient, and all of what is written needs to be taken together. If Matthews account "said it all" then there would not have been need for others to pen something also. And in that case, any who read would understand, yet these things are "hidden from the intellectual" and "given to fishermen". It is not through only that which is written that one can one understand, but rather also with the help given from above.

Therefore I put it forward that God intended for there to be room for confusion for it is written that he would not give it to the wise to understand.

So, I am hoping to be a fisherman.

• stichione
    stichione

Hi Apocalypse,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post and did not find it long at all. Keep up the good work!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Without exploring the whole passage (the 'fine' stones that are hard and hold each other together) , it should be noted that when the apostles asked about things such as the end, and Jesus coming, that Jesus straight away saw them at risk of being led astray (due to thinking in such a manner).

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

"at risk of being led astray "

Good point. They were 'children' in one sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit